- Home //
- Optimum Usage - Whey Protein
Usage Instructions - Whey Protein
97.9% lactose-free, glutamine-enhanced whey protein. Consume for recovery enhancement immediately following workouts and races or as part of a do-it-yourself Meal Replacement Product (MRP). See chart below to determine your daily protein intake requirements.
Mixing / Usage Instructions:
- DIY Recoverite #1 Mix 1.25 scoops of Unflavored Hammer Whey with 3 servings of Hammer Gel in 4-8 ounces (approx. 118 - 237 ml) of water.
- This provides up to 370 calories from 22.5 grams of protein and up to 66 grams of carbohydrates (the amount based on the flavor of Hammer Gel chosen.
- DIY Recoverite #2 Mix 1.5 scoops of Unflavored Hammer Whey with 3 scoops of HEED in 4-8 ounces (approx. 118 - 237 ml) of water.
- This provides 420 calories from 27 grams of protein and 78 grams of carbohydrates.
- HGH Booster To support a strong immune system during periods of stress and/or training volume, and to safely raise levels of HGH (up to 400%!), mix 1 scoop of Hammer Whey in 4-6 ounces (approx. 118-177ml) of water only (no carbohydrates) up to 30 minutes prior to bedtime.
Whey protein should not be used immediately before or during exercise due to the added glutamine, which tends to produce ammonia, a primary cause of premature muscle fatigue.
For protein supplementation before or during exercise, we recommend Hammer Soy, Perpetuem, or Sustained Energy.
Daily Protein Intake Chart:
How much protein do endurance athletes need? Numerous studies have demonstrated that endurance athletes in heavy training need more protein than recreational athletes do. This chart gives you a good reference as to how much protein you should consider consuming daily from all sources. More information can be found in The Endurance Athlete's Guide To Success.
|lbs||aprx. kg||Off season and/or light workouts*||In-season and/or long workouts*|
*All measurements shown in grams needed per day