The overwhelming majority of our clients take a number of capsules during the prolonged bouts of exercise. Some take Endurolytes, Anti-Fatigue Caps, and Endurance Amino, while many take even more products, such as those outlined in the article Epic Workout/Race Supplement Suggestions.
With some of these products looking somewhat similar (Anti-Fatigue Caps and Endurance Amino come to mind), here are a couple tips on simplifying the process of carrying and consuming pills during prolonged bouts of exercise:
1) I believe that it’s important to keep Endurolytes separate from all other supplements that you may be taking during exercise. The reason is because your dose may change on an hourly basis (e.g. what you need at 2 pm may be higher than what you needed at 9 am, if only due to an increase in the temperature). Unlike the other supplements you take during exercise, where the dose remains constant every hour, you want to have the ability to alter the dose of Endurolytes on an as-needed basis. Therefore, I recommend that you keep these separate from all other supplements.
You can do this using either the Quick Coin pill holder, which holds 10-12 Endurolytes capsules, or you can use the round, plastic capsule dispenser, which holds double that amount, or slightly more (depending on the product).
2) If you’re using only two or three products (such as Endurolytes, Anti-Fatigue Caps, and Endurance Amino) during a medium-range-duration workout (say, 3-5 hours), keeping separate supplies in different colored Quick Coin pill holders will make things easy in terms of knowing what capsules you have in which Quick Coin pill holder. Also, taking a permanent ink marker and writing the abbreviation on the Quick Coin (“EL” for Endurolytes, “AF” for Anti-Fatigue Caps, etc), will make even easier to identify what product is in each Quick Coin pill holder.
If you’re doing a longer-duration workout, you can do the same thing—and carry more capsules at the same time—using the round, plastic capsule dispenser.
3) If you’re doing a medium-to-long-duration workout or race and plan on consuming several different supplements hourly, here’s a way of making it super easy:
- Keep your Endurolytes separate, using the Quick Coin pill holders or the round, plastic capsule dispensers to carry them in.
- Make “X” number of bags of your other supplements, “X” being equal to the number of hours you plan on being out there. Again, unlike Endurolytes, your hourly dose of these additional supplements will not change, each bag will contain the exact same amounts of each product, so consider using the small plastic bags to carry these supplements in. Every hour, open up a bag, empty the pills into your mouth, and wash them down with some fuel and/or water. Good to go!
Supplement Suggestions for Your Epic Workouts!
Help Prevent “The Afternoon Fade”