- Helps you fall asleep faster
- Leads to deeper sleep
- Improves immune function
Without consistent, high-quality sleep, your athletic performance, rate of recovery, mood, immune system, and even metabolism will decline. The safe, non-habit forming nutrient combination in REM Caps works quickly and effectively to help you reap the health and performance benefits of a more sound, restful, and productive sleep.
Valerian Root Extract – The extract from the roots of Valeriana officinalis, an herb native to Europe and parts of Asia, which also grows in North America. Valerian root helps support relaxation and sleep.
Melatonin – A derivative of the neurotransmitter serotonin and the amino acid tryptophan. Melatonin is a hormone that is naturally produced and secreted by the pineal gland, a tiny organ in the brain.
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) – 5-HTP is isolated from the seed of a plant called Griffonia simplicifolia and is a natural precursor of the hormone serotonin. It supports deep sleep and a positive mood.
Magnesium (as Amino Acid Chelate) – A chemical element and essential mineral chelated (“bonded”) to an amino acid.
Enzyme Blend – These enzymes (protease, amylase, cellulase, lipase, and phytase) help maximize absorption of all the nutrients in the product.
|Serving Size: 2 capsules |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Valerian Root Extract||300mg||†|
|Magnesium (as Amino Acid Chelate)||40mg||10%|
|Enzyme Blend |
(A proprietary blend of protease, amylase, cellulase, lipase, phytase)
| * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
† Daily Value not established.
|Other Ingredients: Stabilized Rice Bran, Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water) |
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Most Liked Positive Review
Non addictive and works!
I have struggled with my sleep patterns my entire life. No matter how much or little I slept I was always tired half the next day. The only times I woke up non drowsey was after binge drinking. I decided to give the REM caps a shot. Every morning when I wake up, I can briefly remember that I was dre...
Most Liked Negative Review
Have not worked for me.
I really wanted this product to work for me as I have had trouble getting adequate sleep after or before big workouts/events. According to the reviews these caps must work for some people, but they did not for me. I used the caps multiple times (tried 1 cap, 2, 3, etc.) and for multiple days in a r...
The more relaxed and sound sleep helps recovery immensely!!
Just started using REM caps and only use when I cannot sleep effectively for several days. One REM cap does it-I sleep soundly and do not wake up with that "overly drowsy" feeling. Most over the counter meds seem way too strong and I wake up like the effect is not wearing off. REM caps are "just right". I especially like them when I have traveling or camping, when sleep is essential but may be more challenging since not in my own place and time changes.
REM Caps are my go to the night before a race. They help me get the necessary sleep needed to perform the next day. I will also use these the night before a big training effort. My legs feel much more relaxed and ready to be put to the test.
Allows me to sleep wee.
Hi Jim, pleasant dreams out there!
It really helps me relax and sleep more deeply.
How long consecutively is this product safe to use? Daily? If so, is it safe to take it on a consistent basis? I ask this because I love the results I get; I just want to ensure it's safe for prolonged use.
- Asked by Desert Dan
- Verified Reply - SteveGreat question! Although most people only use REM Caps on an "as needed" basis, it is safe--and beneficial I (Steve Born) believe--to use on every day. The main "concern" seems to be with the melatonin component and whether or not taking supplemental melatonin (in REM Caps) would disrupt the body's natural production of this hormone. I have done thorough research in this area and have found nothing that would suggest that taking melatonin will cause this to happen. A number of things/circumstances will, but taking melatonin via supplements will not. In fact, one nutritional scientist writes, “When you are already making melatonin naturally at night, taking a little bit more exogenously is kind of like spitting in the ocean. It doesn’t do much.” The take-away message is that when the body is producing melatonin at maximal levels, taking additional amounts are really not necessary… not harmful in any way (though you can have some pretty interesting, techno-color dreams), but not really necessary. When melatonin production occurs at the wrong time, such as when we cross time zones, or when its levels are low (due to a number of reasons), that’s when taking supplemental melatonin will be very helpful. In addition, melatonin is a SUPERB antioxidant, so many people take REM Caps regularly just for that benefit.
in regards to REM caps, in the past recommendations were to take to caps per night. Current REM cap recommendation is to take one cap per night. What is the reason for the change in recommendations?
- Asked by Carol
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveThe serving size, as listed on the label for REM Caps, is 1 capsule. The suggested use, as listed on the Hammer Nutrition website is "Take 1-2 capsules one hour before bedtime." Most people do very well with a dose of 3 mg of melatonin, the key ingredient in REM Caps, and the amount reflected in one serving/one capsule of the product. It's absolutely fine to take a second or a third capsule, if your situation requires it, but with melatonin especially, it's always best to start with the minimum dose, which again is 3 mg, and increase as needed, if needed.
This might be a stupid question, but is it acceptable to split the capsule in half and ingest it in powder form? I have difficulty swallowing pills of any size, and the REM Caps are on the larger end of the spectrum for me.
- Asked by Sleepless Everywhere
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveNot a stupid question at all! It is completely acceptable to open up a two-piece vegetable capsule of REM Caps and empty the contents for consumption in dry powder form. Please keep in mind that at least some of the nutrients will not have a good taste; however, the product is absolutely fine to consume. Consider a capsule or two of Essential Mg, our five-source magnesium supplement, to go along with your REM Caps at bed time. Among the nearly countless roles that magnesium plays in human health, at night it helps the nerves to calm and the muscles to relax. There is some magnesium in REM Caps, but an additional 1-2 capsules of Essential Mg--and you can open up the capsules and consume the dry powder--would very much bolster the benefits of REM Caps.