Race Day Boost
- Boosts performance
- Increases endurance
- Reduces lactic acid
Race Day Boost greatly enhances the performance of your body’s three energy production pathways. That means, no matter what your race pace may be—low-to-moderate intensity, higher intensity/ anaerobic, or flat-out sprint—a four-day load with Race Day Boost delivers the goods to help you meet or exceed your race day expectations. Race Day Boost superbly buffers lactic acid and dramatically improves oxygen utilization, which is why it’s no surprise that, in the most extensive research to date on Race Day Boost’s primary ingredient, study subjects enjoyed a whopping 8% improvement in performance time.
Sodium (Tribasic) Phosphate – This compound enhances the functioning of all three of the body’s ATP-producing energy systems: the short-term ATP-CP system, the medium-term lactic acid system, and the long-term oxygen/aerobic system.
A primary benefit of sodium (tribasic) phosphate is its ability to buffer blood acidity and help maintain a more ideal acid-alkaline balance by neutralizing excess hydrogen ions within the muscle cell. Effectively buffering lactic acid extends energy production within this system. This nutrient also increases 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG). This compound, found in red blood cells, helps release oxygen from hemoglobin into the muscle cells. An increase in 2,3-DPG will improve the availability of oxygen to working muscles during exercise.
Malic Acid – A natural substance found in apples and other fruits. Malic acid helps balance the extreme alkalinity of Race Day Boost, thus minimizing-to-eliminating the potential for stomach distress. As an essential component of the Krebs cycle, malic acid also helps boost energy levels and is beneficial for liver health.
|Serving Size 4 capsules |
Servings Per Container 16
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
| * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
† Daily Value not established.
|Other Ingredients: Malic Acid, Rice Concentrate Complex, Vegetable Capsules (Plant Cellulose, Water). |
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Most Liked Positive Review
Huge PR!! Legs felt great!
I was always hesitant about this product but decided to give it a shot for 2016 USA Triathlon Nationals. I did the 4 x 4 routine in the four days leading up to the race. During the race I never felt any cramps or lactic acid build-up in my legs even though I had multiple surges on the bike, passing ...
Most Liked Negative Review
I used this product prior to two events where I was familiar with and had ridden portions of the routes before. I can't say I noticed any improvement of previous times. I have better success with sodium bicarbonate mixed with beta-alanine. Disappointed.
I've allowed myself to choose one or two "goal" races a year, and race day boost is a part of that. All of my PRs involved RDB. Allows you to push just a little harder. Would recommend.
Hey Ar! We're so glad Race Day Boost has helped you reach those PRs! We love to hear it! Thank you for the review and keep us updated on your successes! Keep Hammering!
I have used this before several races, without having any expectations. And a surprise PR occurred. Could it be better training? of course. Could it be this product? Yes. Add it into your pre-race schedule for the added boost you need.
Hey Carolyn! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy Race Day Boost could help you out! Keep hammering and congrats on the PR!
Love product for spartan ocr races.
Hi Jonathan! Thanks for the review!
Race Day Boost is one of the few supplements I can honestly say makes a noticeable difference in my performance. I find that it helps prevent cramping and helps with sustaining my energy level during long races. I raced Ironman 70.3 Traverse City this weekend with zero cramping and great energy after pre-loading with Race Day Boost and taking Anti-Fatigue Caps between the swim and bike.
Hi Beth! We so happy Race Day Boosts helps you be successful! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Keep hammering!
One of the most underrated supplements available to the public. Absolutely groundbreaking for first time users, and a crucial element to seasoned users when preparing for races!! Do not miss out on this innovative product!!!
Would this product and I guess any hammer nutrition be illegal to use during competition or show up in a drug test? Just want to make sure even though it says it's safe.
- Asked by Andrea
- Verified Reply - Steve Thanks for contacting Hammer Nutrition. The WADA/USADA banned substance list can be found at https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada_2019_english_prohibited_list.pdf and there is nothing in any of our products, Race Day Boost included, that is on that list. Additionally, all of our products are made in GMP-certified, banned substance-free facilities, so even cross-contamination is not a possibility. You can confidently use any of our products, HEED included, in your competitions. Read more about our quality control procedures at: https://www.hammernutrition.com/company/commitment-to-quality/ https://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/faqs/what-are-your-quality-control-procedures/ BOTTOM LINE: You can use any of the Hammer Nutrition supplements or fuels with complete confidence!
How far apart should you space your dosing? For example if you take them at lunch and then three times in the evening is that too close together?
- Asked by Claire
- Verified Reply - SteveFor best results, and also to minimize stomach distress potential, try to space each dose of Race Day Boost 3-4 away from each other.
I race cyclocross and we have 1 to 2 races a week. How would I use this product with multiple races a week for 4 month time frame vs usage for one big race?
- Asked by Leigh
- Verified Reply - SteveWe do not recommend the use of Race Day Boost on a weekly basis. You may (key word "may") be able to derive benefits from using it twice monthly, but that is still cutting it very close. The reasons for taking a minimum of 2 weeks off between loading doses are: 1) Without sufficient time in between loading doses, the beneficial effects will diminish, as the body build up a tolerance to the sodium phosphate in the product. 2) Every day that you do the recommended 4-day dose with Race Day Boost, you are adding 772 mg of sodium to your daily intake. That puts you at 34% of the World Health Organization's recommended daily total of 2,300 mg, which is already an amount that the overwhelming majority of people can't adhere to. Doing a loading dose with Race Day Boost on a weekly or every-other-week basis is supplying your body with too much sodium. 3) High and/or prolonged intakes of phosphate are believed to interfere with calcium absorption. Because of these three factors, we recommend saving Race Day Boost for your key races only, abstaining from using the product for a minimum of 2 weeks between loading doses, ideally 3-4 weeks.
I weigh 135. Do I follow 4 capsules four times a day for four days?
- Asked by Shari
- Verified Reply - Steve The majority of the studies of the main ingredient in Race Day Boost (RDB), sodium tribasic phosphate, showed remarkably positive, performance-enhancing results with administration of 1 gram (1000 mg) of the nutrient four times daily for four straight days. That is our dosage recommendation for most athletes. However, it is theoretically possible that lighter weight athletes may be able to achieve the same benefits using less of this nutrient. With that in mind, here are some suggested usage instructions—based on a range of body weights—which you may want to test in your training: UP TO 125 LBS. Day One: 4 capsules one time/day Day Two: 4 capsules two times/day Day Three: 4 capsules two times/day Day Four: 4 capsules three times/day 126-160 LBS. Day One: 4 capsules two times/day Day Two: 4 capsules three times/day Day Three: 4 capsules three times/day Day Four: 4 capsules four times/day 160+ LBS Day One: 4 capsules four times/day Day Two: 4 capsules four times/day Day Three: 4 capsules four times/day Day Four: 4 capsules four times/day
It says that the product must be tested in training prior to use in a race. Do you do the entire 4 days when you are testing it in training? Also how long prior should you test it? Weeks prior or days prior? If I have a marathon is testing it two weeks prior too soon or too late?
- Asked by Mike
- Verified Reply - SteveMost people do a full 4-day load while testing the product in training; however, since the real goal is to assess how your body responds to the product (it’s not really to see any performance benefits), a shorter and smaller load is just fine. I would suggest this “abbreviated” dosing as your “test” load: Day One: 4 capsules 2x/day Day Two: 4 capsules 3x/day Day Three: 4 capsules 4x/day Doing the test 2-3 weeks prior is sufficient… if you do the above-listed test load, you will be fine to do the full 4-day load prior to your marathon.
So do i nees 4 bottles for 1 race?
- Asked by Steve
- Verified Reply - SteveYou will need 1 bottle to complete the "standard" loading dose for a race. Daily dose is 16 capsules (4 capsules, 4 times per day). At the end of the 4-day load, you will have consumed 64 capsules of Race Day Boost, the amount that's in 1 bottle.
If I take some the day of the race or before, will they be any help? If the race is not very long?
- Asked by Choco
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveIn order to receive maximum benefits from Race Day Boost it requires a 4-day loading dose, taking a specific number of capsules (based on body weight) up to 4 times a day. You may see some benefits taking 1 or 2 doses the day before the race; however, compared to a full 4-day load, the benefits will be minimal.
Are you supposed to take this the day of also, or stop the night before the event?
- Asked by Ryan
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveOnce you have done the full four-day loading dose with Race Day Boost, there are no extra benefits to be accrued by taking the product the day of the race. So, for example, if you race on Saturday, you will load with the product Tues, Weds, Thurs, and Fri. No need to take Race Day Boost on Sat.
What should be the correct dosage. I´m 176 lb weight
- Asked by alegonusa
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveThis is the dose we suggestion for athletes weight 160+ lbs. Day One: 4 capsules four times/day Day Two: 4 capsules four times/day Day Three: 4 capsules four times/day Day Four: 4 capsules four times/day