While electrostimulation (EMS) is not meant to be a replacement for traditional strength or endurance exercise, it does enable you to attain results that were previously unachievable through traditional training alone. Electrostimulation greatly complements your existing sports training program, augmenting and amplifying the benefits you receive, while providing additional benefits of its own.
Max. output current per channel:
100 mA, for a max. charge of 2200 ohms
Max. quantity of electricity per impulse: 40 microcoulombs
Impulse width: 200 or 400 microseconds (200 for upper limbs and 400 for lower limbs)
Max. rise time for a 100 mA impulse: 2 microseconds
Maximum impulse frequencies: 120 Hz
Channels: Four independent channels with the possibility to
individually regulate the current for each one. They are isolated one from the
other and galvanically grounded.
Description of Accessories
Battery charger for recharging the battery:
Input 90-264 VAC / 47 to 63Hz / 0.25A max.
Four cables to link the four channels of the stimulator with the electrodes:
One blue cable, one green cable, one yellow cable, one red cable
4 small electrodes (5x5 cm, 2x2 inch)
4 large electrodes (5 x 10 cm, 2x4 inch)
The Sport Elite 2.0 is recommended for the competitive/high-performance athlete who has a rigorous training and exercise regimen. It features a total of ten programs—with the four workout/training programs (Endurance, Resistance, Strength, Explosive Strength) offering five levels of progression—that will keep elite athletes challenged with every training session, resulting in a true competitive advantage!
With electrostimulation (EMS) you can...
- Recover faster and better after exertion
- Improve stamina and endurance
- Gain strength, power, and speed
- Help improve blood circulation
- Help reduce localized pain
Enjoy all these benefits without risk of injury to joints and tendons, with virtually no cardiovascular fatigue.
The Compex Sport Elite 2.0 features the following 10 programs:
- Resistance – Builds muscle size, strength, and density—optimal for toning muscles. Targets both slow- and fast-twitch muscle fibers.
- Strength – Targeting the Type IIb fast-twitch muscle fibers, this program is ideal for building strength and power, helping to train these muscle fibers to deliver energy more efficiently under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions.
- Explosive Strength – Targets the Type IIb muscle fiber and trains Type IIb creatine phosphate energy delivery system. This program helps to increase the speed with which maximum muscle strength can be supplied, and is designed to improve performance in activities of very brief duration such as jumping, sprinting and throwing.
- Endurance – Increases muscle capillarization (blood flow) and targets the slow- twitch muscle fibers, helping to establish or improve basic muscle endurance.
- Potentiation – Used just before a workout or competition, this program incorporates capillarization/blood flow plus peak contractions. This speeds up the reaction time of a muscular contraction, and ideally preps the muscles for immediate performance when the workout or competition begins.
- Pre-Warmup – Produces a muscle twitch to increase blood flow to warm up the muscle tissue and increase reaction of the muscles prior to exercise. Pre-warmup is also an ideal program to assist with recovery from injury.
- Active Recovery – Produces a muscle twitch to clear lactic acid, increase blood flow, promote muscle relaxation, and enable a faster recovery from muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Recovery Plus – Often referred to as “Competition Recovery,” this program is a variation of Active Recovery, with extra emphasis on the endorphin production/anti-inflammation component. Recovery Plus program is designed to meet the added recovery needs after a competition, and it’s ideal for athletes involved in very hard efforts day after day.
- Massage –This program is dedicated to relaxing the muscle. Ischemic or knotted muscles will relax to allow better blood flow to the muscle, and sore muscles are relieved.
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) – Sends tiny electrical pulses, targeting sensory nerves, to effectively alleviate localized pain.