Premium Insurance Caps
By Steve Born
"Neither supplements, nor those professing to consume a balanced diet, are without nutrient deficiencies." Those are the words of Dr. Bill Misner, and I couldn't agree more. I dont believe that any of us can neglect our diet and then cover all of our nutrient needs simply by taking a handful of pills. By the same token, as discussed in "The Myth of the Balanced Diet", I remain adamant that none of our diets - no matter how consistently we try to eat as healthy as possible - come close to providing all of the nutrients we need for optimal health.
That's why I take Premium Insurance Caps every single day, and I have for as long as I can remember. It doesn't replace my efforts to eat the best diet I can as consistently as possible. But Premium Insurance Caps most definitely bridges the gap between what I should be obtaining from my diet nutrient-wise, and what I'm actually getting. This balanced approach of healthy diet and intelligent supplementation ensures that I've covered my nutritional bases.
The Premium Insurance Caps advantage
Here's why I think Premium Insurance Caps is the best vitamin/ mineral supplement available:
1. Optimum, not minimum, amounts - Unlike many vitamin/mineral supplements that contain inadequate Reference Daily Intake (RDI) amounts of nutrients, Premium Insurance Caps is formulated with Optimum Daily Intake (ODI) amounts of the highest quality vitamins and minerals. Dr. Shari Lieberman hits the nail on the head about why the use of ODI amounts in supplementation is so vital: "RDIs reflect amounts that are adequate to prevent nutrient-deficiency diseases, and are not tailored for individual needs. In order to attain a state of optimum health and disease prevention, we must take into our bodies optimum - not minimum - amounts of vitamins and minerals."
NOTE: Premium Insurance Caps contain superb levels of the B complex vitamins, amounts that replicate many stress support formulas, thus making those products unnecessary in your supplement regimen.
2. Capsules, not tablets - The nutrients in Premium Insurance Caps are contained within a two-piece all-vegetable capsule; that means they will dissolve much more rapidly and thoroughly than tablets would, so your body actually will receive the nutrients you're consuming. Because tablets can take longer to break down, they often irritate the intestinal lining, causing stomach discomfort. Additionally, tablets can pass through the entire digestive system only partially dissolved, or completely un-dissolved. Either way, your body does not get the full volume of nutrients you ingested - which means you're not really getting what you paid for.
3. Highly-assimilated, amino acid-chelated minerals - For many minerals, there are several forms available, all with differing absorption rates. Some companies use inexpensive forms of minerals in their products; e.g., magnesium in the oxide form or calcium in the carbonate form. Unfortunately, these less expensive forms are not as well absorbed as other forms, such as the amino acid chelates used in Premium Insurance Caps.
4. Multiple digestive enzymes for maximum nutrient absorption - It's not what you consume, it's what you absorb. To aid the absorption of nutrients, Premium Insurance Caps includes digestive enzymes such as pepsin and papain.
5. Only beneficial nutrients, no "salt and pepper" - Some companies add auxiliary nutrients at levels that have no real value (what I call "salt and pepper" amounts). For example, I've seen several multivitamin/mineral supplements that contain only 5 mg. of coenzyme Q10 or lipoic acid. Both are fantastic nutrients, but at that level you won't experience any true benefits. So even though a product's label may show a long list of auxiliary nutrients, you won't see results if the amounts are inconsequential. When you buy such a product, you're paying for a product that has little more than an impressive label. All of the nutrients included in Premium Insurance Caps are at levels that will provide real benefits.
Why you should take Premium Insurance Caps
For optimal health and enhanced athletic performance, you must aim to consistently consume a high quality diet - not just for the vitamins and minerals, but primarily for the beneficial phytonutrients, enzymes, and fiber. To augment that, "filling in the gaps" between what your diet should contain and what it actually does provide, daily supplementation with a high quality vitamin/mineral supplement is equally important.
It's up to you to take care of your diet. But for a high-quality vitamin/mineral supplement, you need look no farther than Premium Insurance Caps. Premium Insurance Caps is formulated with Optimum Daily Intake (ODI) amounts of the highest quality vitamins and minerals for optimal health. In addition, Premium Insurance Caps contains ample amounts of other important nutrients, as well as digestive enzymes to help maximize absorption.
Sadly, far too many athletes and active people discount the value of taking a vitamin/mineral supplement, instead putting their faith in the notion that "you can get all you need from your diet." That's a major mistake. Additionally, many athletes don't place much emphasis on taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement, perhaps because they feel it won't have much impact on their athletic performance. This, of course, isn't true and here's why:
Providing your body with adequate supplies of vitamins and minerals is similar to pouring a strong foundation when building a house. Without a strong foundation, the house will lack structural integrity. Similarly, without adequate vitamins and minerals, many of your important bodily systems (especially your immune system) will not have the support needed to function properly. At the very least, this means you won't get the full value from all of the hard work you put into your training. It could also very well result in a compromised immune system, which is definitely something to avoid.
I encourage you to not fall victim to the "you can get all you need from your diet" myth. Additionally, please don't consider the use of a multivitamin/mineral supplement as being unnecessary. Remember, as an endurance athlete you place enormous physiological demands on your body, so your nutrient requirements - just to maintain health - are much greater than the average person's. As Dr. Misner states, "Endurance athletes require more minerals, antioxidant vitamins, and water-and fat-soluble vitamins, because exercise intensity or duration takes its toll, often depleting them faster than food can alone re-supply them."
Your goal isn't just to maintain health at a minimally acceptable standard; your goal is to achieve supreme health! In addition, you want to get the absolute most out of your body so that it can do what you want it to in your workouts and races, while you have more fun and achieve greater success in the process. That's where an intelligent, high quality supplement program comes in; it plays an undeniably vital role in helping you achieve optimal athletic performance and overall health. Premium Insurance Caps is the foundation of that supplement program! HN