BY STEVE BORN
We’re coming into the time of year that I often refer to as “the season of sugar.” From Halloween, through Thanksgiving and Christmas, and pretty much until the end of the year, there will be a LOT of sweets readily available. And while an occasional sweet treat or tasty dessert is certainly acceptable (life’s too short not to indulge once in a while), this is the time of year that can derail your diet and your training goals. And you need to be very cognizant of that!
What does this have to do with Hammer Gel? Plenty! As sugar becomes more and more prevalent during these next couple of months—it’s going to be everywhere you look!—it should serve as a reminder that you not only need to strictly limit the sugary candies and foods in your diet, but you also need to avoid sugar in your fuel. That’s why you should use Hammer Gel in your workouts and events!
HAMMER GEL—QUALITY ENERGY, NO G.I. DISTRESS
There are tons of energy gels on the market, and Hammer Gel might look similar to a lot of them; however, it’s what’s inside that counts! Other energy gels are often made with added refined sugars, copious amounts of sodium, excessive amounts of citric acid, and artificial flavors and colors—all inferior ingredients that predictably result in poor energy, a variety of stomach issues, unplanned trips to the porta-potty, and often a DNF (Did Not Finish).
Hammer Gel is different! It contains complex carbohydrates (maltodextrin), with no added refined sugars, which provide the following benefits:
- Fast-acting energy. The Glycemic Index (GI) of maltodextrin is 100, the same as pure glucose, so it elevates blood sugar levels and energy rapidly. During exercise and immediately after, a high-GI carbohydrate is EXACTLY what you want.
- Longer-lasting energy. Most refined sugars such as glucose and sucrose supply fast-acting energy. Unfortunately, it’s a very short-lived energy that’s followed by a dramatic plummet in energy levels. Commonly referred to as “flash and crash,” it’s a most-unpleasant way to get through your workout or race. Conversely, the maltodextrin used in Hammer Gel not only boosts energy quickly, but it also sustains it for a longer period of time before a g-r-a-d-u-a-l decline.
- More calories for energy. The body can efficiently digest a greater volume of calories from maltodextrin than it can from refined sugars. Having more calories available for energy production is an obvious advantage, especially when they’re easily digested, which complex carbs are. If you try to match the number of calories that maltodextrin supplies with refined sugars, the only thing you’ll get for your trouble is a host of very unpleasant stomach issues.
You want to get the very most out of the time and energy you spend in your workouts and events. No-brainer there! That’s why it’s essential to “feed the fire” with the highest quality fuel, not sugar-laden candy disguised as an energy fuel. With Hammer Gel, your body receives premium fuel with no added simple sugars and no artificial or questionable ingredients.
Use Hammer Gel to experience these sensations:
- Smooth and easy digestion
- Quick-acting, long-lasting energy
- No sugar crashes
- A variety of palate-pleasing flavors
Since 1995, during “the season of sugar” and all year long, Hammer Gel has set the pace for providing athletes with quality carbohydrate energy in a convenient, concentrated form. Real fuel, not sugar! That’s Hammer Gel. It’s uniquely formulated to ensure peak athletic performance—every time!