- Helps prevent cramping in harsh conditions*
- Full-spectrum, balanced formula
- 3x the sodium and potassium per capsule as original Endurolytes
Endurolytes Extreme Powder
Designed for harsh conditions, high heat, the unacclimated, and those with elevated salt needs, this formula offers three times the sodium chloride (salt) and potassium content of standard Electrolytes. Despite the salt increase, the Extreme formula maintains a complete blend of electrolytes.
Full-Spectrum Electrolyte Profile – This complete profile contains the following minerals:
- Sodium – Sourced from salt, which is comprised of 40% sodium.
- Chloride – Sourced from salt, which is comprised of 60% chloride.
- Calcium – Supplied in the “as chelate” form, meaning it’s calcium bonded to one or more amino acids, usually glycinate (glycine) or asparate (aspartic acid).
- Magnesium – Included in the “as chelate” form, it is magnesium bonded to one or more amino acids. These forms are used for maximal absorbability.
- Potassium – Included in the citrate form, it is bonded to citric acid for maximal availability.
Manganese – This trace mineral is necessary for optimal muscle cell enzyme reactions and for the conversion of fatty acids and protein into energy.
Ginger Root –A natural anti-inflammatory and digestive aid.
|Endurolytes Extreme Capsules|
|Serving Size: 1 capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Sodium (as Sodium Chloride)||120mg||5%|
|Chloride (as Sodium Chloride)||180mg||8%|
|Calcium (as Chelate)||40mg||3%|
|Magnesium (as Chelate)||20mg||5%|
|Potassium (as Citrate)||75mg||2%|
|Manganese (as Chelate)||0.2mg||9%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water), Rice Concentrate, Ginger Root. |
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This product was recommended by my mentor who is also a personal trainer and avid cyclist. I run Spartan races and put myself through pretty rigorous training. My problem seems to occur sporadically on race day, which means I can't perform at the level I'm capable of. Enter Endurolytes Extreme. What impressed me the most was receiving a phone call from Mick (customer service), thanking me for my purchase. I returned his call and had a great conversation. He shared some great information, and will definitely be using these products in the future.
Hi Reginald! Thank you for the review. We are so glad Endurolytes Extreme helps you so well! We're happy to have you in the Hammer family. Keep Hammering!
Replacing electrolytes is a must. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to Nutrition's... Before,During and After a Long Endurance Race... I Felt so good and crazy awesome.💪 . I survived and managed carefully on my 3 crazy consecutive week of races... 100 km -October 12, then a week after another 100 km -October 19 and last Saturday - October 26- i did 70 km. it Made a huge difference on my performance. A Way better than the other top-selling electrolytes tabs I've tried...
Hello Rowell Gold! Thank you for the review. We are so glad Endurolytes Extreme helps you! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. Keep Hammering, Rowell Gold!
These work very well in extreme heat to keep you from cramping and keep pushing hard all the way to the end of your ride. Highly recommend them.
Hi Jon! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you! We're so glad you love Endurolytes Extreme and that you recommend it. We're glad we can help you out! Keep Hammering, Jon!
I'm training for a marathon. On my 19 Mile training run I either miscounted or lost one of these electrolyte capsules and I gave two away to a friend so I ended up not having enough for myself. Even though it was cool that day, at Mile 17 I just about cried because I felt horrible. The next Long training run after that was 23 miles and it was super humid and in the high eighties that day. I coupled these, two at the start and two every 6 miles with water and the fizz tabs I made it through oh, well so many others complained of a horrible run and cramping. While I did feel like my calves were on the verge of cramping, I took these and drank the FIZZ water and was able to pull it off w/o crampimg. I'd been giving my friend a couple at the start but on the 23 miler day I didn't run with her and she had horrible side stitches/cramps. I'm pretty sure this stuff was my Saving Grace.
Hi Penny! Thank you for the review. We're glad that we were able to help you through your running!
I was using the regular Endurolytes and I was still experiencing cramps. I sweat A LOT and I need the extra support that Endurolytes Extreme provides. I have tried several remedies and nothing compares this product.
Hi Billy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad Endurolytes Extreme works well for you. Keep hammering!
When taking the extreme capsules in 90 degree heat, how much water should you take? I continue to cramp regardless of water & supplement intake. Thanks, Bill
- Asked by Bill
- Verified Reply - SteveDuring exercise, we recommend a fluid intake ranging from 16 - 28 ounces per hour. How much you require will largely be determined by body weight, the weather conditions, and how well or poorly you're acclimated to those conditions. But this range--16 to 28 ounces per hour--is sufficient to stave off dehydration issues and to avoid the serious issues associated with over-hydration. You will also want to stay in ideal "hydration status" throughout the day. With approximately 60% of your body being comprised of water, it goes without saying that it’s vitally important to maintain optimal hydration status all day long. Unfortunately, a lot of people live in a state of perpetual dehydration, and that negatively affects athletic performance and overall health. Starting now, gradually increase your fluid intake—primarily from pure, clean water—so that the total number of ounces you’re drinking on a daily basis is equal to half your body weight in pounds (e.g. 180-lb athlete should consume 90 ounces of fluids daily). This is in addition to the amount of fluids you consume during exercise.
Is it too much to take this product 1/hr and drink an electrolite drink while hiking/running a 28k? Prob take 6+hrs.
- Asked by Dez
- Verified Reply - SteveYou should have all of your electrolyte needs covered with Endurolytes Extreme. Instead of an electrolyte drink--which could cause you to over-supply your body with too many minerals (primarily sodium)--consider using our long distance fuel, Perpetuem (https://www.hammernutrition.com/products/fuels/perpetuem/). This product will supply your body with the calories it needs, and, because it contains complex carbs, protein, and a small amount of healthy fat, it will cover your caloric needs much more thoroughly than a sports/electrolyte drink will.
I am prone to muscle stiffness/cramps, and am planning on walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain - 500 miles, and am wondering about the dosage recommendation. Averaging 15+ miles a day, it may not be convienient to continue taking the capsules every hour, 5 hours a day minimum, for 35 days straight. Is there a way to take a dosage just morning, noon and evening? (Or something of that nature). Thank you,
- Asked by SuzyQ
- Verified Reply - SteveThe dosage for Endurolytes Extreme is 1-2 capsules hourly. Start with a 1-capsule dose, taking that first dose 15-30 minutes prior to the start of exercise. As much as possible, when logistics permits, try and take an additional dose every 60 minutes (ideal) to 90 minutes (acceptable).
Is this product appropriate/recommended for children (age 12)? Thank you.
- Asked by Kristopher
- Verified Reply - SteveWith the higher salt (sodium chloride) content of Endurolytes Extreme, we do not believe this is the best option for younger athletes/active people. The original Endurolytes product or Endurolytes Fizz would be better choices.
What is the compatibility of Endurolyte Extreme with sports beverages during and/or post run? I run long practice runs (10-20 miles) on Sundays in training for upcoming trail marathon (Sept 8) followed by 50K (Nov 11). I have been using gels & water before & during, then sports drink post run. Can any of these products be combined with Endurolyte Extreme or is EE all that I need?
- Asked by TXRunner6
- Verified Reply - SteveYou will obviously need a calorie source to provide your body with fuel for energy production during exercise, and to replenish depleted fuel stores after exercise, so in that sense Endurolytes Extreme is completely compatible with Hammer Nutrition fuels (Hammer Gel, HEED, Perpetuem, Recoverite, etc.) Note that our sports drink HEED will also provide an electrolyte component to its caloric content, the electrolytes equal to about 1/3 of an Endurolytes Extreme capsule. Most people who use Endurolytes Extreme will consume 1-2 capsules an hour, so depending on how much HEED you use--keeping in mind that you don't want to overdo it on the calories (1 to 2.5 scoops of HEED per hour is the recommended range)--that will determine how much, if any, additional Endurolytes Extreme capsules you will want to use.
I am using your Heed product while playing tennis in Florida. I believe that adding Endurolytes might be beneficial for me, but I could not find your recommendation on when it should be taken, i.e. before, during of after my tennis?
- Asked by Yuri
- Verified Reply - SteveEvery scoop of HEED supplies 100 calories and the same amount of electrolytes as found in 1 Endurolytes capsule (the original formula). We generally recommend consuming 1 Endurolytes capsule for every 50-60 lbs. of body weight hourly. So, depending on your weight, the temperatures that you're exercising in, as well as how many scoops of HEED you are using per hour, that will determine if you need additional electrolytic mineral support via Endurolytes. If you are using Enduroytes Extreme in addition to HEED, 1 capsule 15-30 minutes prior to exercise, with an additional 1 capsule hourly, is suggested. Under extremely hot conditions, and if you're only using 1 scoop of HEED hourly, you may need to consume 2 Endurolytes Extreme capsules each hour. We also recommend taking a dose of Endurolytes or Endurolytes Extreme after exercise.
Can Endurolytes Extreme or Edurolytes original tablets be dissolved in water and consumed over a period of time? Do any of the minerals change their chemical structure if sitting in water and exposed to air?
- Asked by Pauli
- Verified Reply - SteveThere is no issue of potency when the minerals in Endurolytes or Endurolytes Extreme are emptied into water, nor is there any concern for change in their chemical/molecular structure. That said, we don't recommend emptying the capsule contents into solution because of the ginger root extract that is contained in both Endurolytes and Endurolytes Extreme. Ginger root extract is very soothing to the stomach. However, some of ginger's naturally occurring compounds—zingerone and capsaicin—can have a burning effect on the mouth and throat if the powder comes in contact with them. We therefore recommend that you DO NOT open up the capsules and swallow the contents. Consume the capsule whole for best results. NOTE: If you're looking for an electrolyte powder that you can mix into water or your drink mix, Endurolytes Extreme Powder is what you want!
Are there any animal-derived ingredients in this product?
- Asked by Eric
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveThere are no animal-derived ingredients in Endurolytes; it is Vegan Certified and Certified Kosher under the kosher supervision of Kosher Service.
Comparing Endurolytes Extreme with your regular Endurolytes product, it has 150% as much sodium, chloride, and potassium. However, it has less magnesium and the same amount of manganese. What is the significance of the relatively lower doses of magnesium and manganese?
- Asked by Ben
- Verified Reply - Hammer Steve,Hammer SteveEndurolytes Extreme emphasizes the salt (sodium chloride) and potassium components. During extremely hot conditions, these are the minerals that are depleted first and foremost. Additionally, athletes who consume a high sodium diet are predisposed to losing more sodium in their sweat as compared to athletes consuming a lot-to-moderate sodium diet. In order for the Endurolytes Extreme capsule to accommodate the higher salt and potassium amounts, it required us to lower the magnesium and calcium components slightly. In each capsule of Endurolytes Extreme there is 10 mg less calcium and 5 mg less magnesium than there is in one capsule of Endurolytes (note that the supplement facts for Endurolytes are for two capsules, not one). This is not a significant enough amount to have a truly noticeable difference. BOTTOM LINE: If you consume a low-sodium diet, are fit, and are acclimated to the weather conditions, the original Endurolytes will serve you well. If one or more of the earlier-mentioned factors do not accurately describe you, Endurolytes Extreme or Endurolytes Extreme Powder will be your best option.
There is much mention about summer conditions and cramping. Is this product a helpful option for winter endurance events, where cramping can also occur?
- Asked by JAF
- Verified Reply - Hammer SteveAbsolutely! Though you may not be losing as much electrolyte volume in your sweat during cold weather exercise as you might in hotter-weather conditions, the body still requires adequate supplies of these minerals to help support the optimal performance of many bodily functions, while also protect against cramping, which can definitely occur during cold-weather exercise. In colder weather, because you will most likely not be depleting sodium and potassium at such high rates as you may during hotter weather, consider using the original Endurolytes product in capsules (or Endurolytes Fizz) during your winter endurance workouts and events.