Compex Sport Elite 2.0
Purchase the Sport Elite through Hammer Nutrition and you will receive:
- 90-day money back guarantee (priceless!)
- Battery charger
- User's manual and instructional CD
- Electrode placement guidebook
- Carrying case or bag
- Electrode lead wires (set of 4)
While electrostimulation (EMS) is not meant to be a replacement for traditional strength or endurance exercise, it does enable you to attain results that were previously unachievable through traditional training alone. Electrostimulation greatly complements your existing sports training program, augmenting and amplifying the benefits you receive, while providing additional benefits of its own.
Max. output current per channel:
100 mA, for a max. charge of 2200 ohms
Max. quantity of electricity per impulse: 40 microcoulombs
Impulse width: 200 or 400 microseconds (200 for upper limbs and 400 for lower limbs)
Max. rise time for a 100 mA impulse: 2 microseconds
Maximum impulse frequencies: 120 Hz
Channels: Four independent channels with the possibility to individually regulate the current for each one. They are isolated one from the other and galvanically grounded.
Description of Accessories
Battery charger for recharging the battery:
Input 90-264 VAC / 47 to 63Hz / 0.25A max.
Four cables to link the four channels of the stimulator with the electrodes:
One blue cable, one green cable, one yellow cable, one red cable
4 small electrodes (5x5 cm, 2x2 inch)
4 large electrodes (5 x 10 cm, 2x4 inch)
The Sport Elite 2.0 is recommended for the competitive/high-performance athlete who has a rigorous training and exercise regimen. It features a total of ten programs—with the four workout/training programs (Endurance, Resistance, Strength, Explosive Strength) offering five levels of progression—that will keep elite athletes challenged with every training session, resulting in a true competitive advantage!
With electrostimulation (EMS) you can...
- Recover faster and better after exertion
- Improve stamina and endurance
- Gain strength, power, and speed
- Help improve blood circulation
- Help reduce localized pain
Enjoy all these benefits without risk of injury to joints and tendons, with virtually no cardiovascular fatigue.
The Compex Sport Elite 2.0 features the following 10 programs:
- Resistance – Builds muscle size, strength, and density—optimal for toning muscles. Targets both slow- and fast-twitch muscle fibers.
- Strength – Targeting the Type IIb fast-twitch muscle fibers, this program is ideal for building strength and power, helping to train these muscle fibers to deliver energy more efficiently under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions.
- Explosive Strength – Targets the Type IIb muscle fiber and trains Type IIb creatine phosphate energy delivery system. This program helps to increase the speed with which maximum muscle strength can be supplied, and is designed to improve performance in activities of very brief duration such as jumping, sprinting and throwing.
- Endurance – Increases muscle capillarization (blood flow) and targets the slow- twitch muscle fibers, helping to establish or improve basic muscle endurance.
- Potentiation – Used just before a workout or competition, this program incorporates capillarization/blood flow plus peak contractions. This speeds up the reaction time of a muscular contraction, and ideally preps the muscles for immediate performance when the workout or competition begins.
- Pre-Warmup – Produces a muscle twitch to increase blood flow to warm up the muscle tissue and increase reaction of the muscles prior to exercise. Pre-warmup is also an ideal program to assist with recovery from injury.
- Active Recovery – Produces a muscle twitch to clear lactic acid, increase blood flow, promote muscle relaxation, and enable a faster recovery from muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Recovery Plus – Often referred to as “Competition Recovery,” this program is a variation of Active Recovery, with extra emphasis on the endorphin production/anti-inflammation component. Recovery Plus program is designed to meet the added recovery needs after a competition, and it’s ideal for athletes involved in very hard efforts day after day.
- Massage –This program is dedicated to relaxing the muscle. Ischemic or knotted muscles will relax to allow better blood flow to the muscle, and sore muscles are relieved.
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) – Sends tiny electrical pulses, targeting sensory nerves, to effectively alleviate localized pain.
I used this product to help me recover from a injury. I have now been using it for recovery after workouts. I love the EMS unit and use it every day as it helps me recover much faster for my next workout. Steve B was great in helping me understand the best way to use it! I would give all hammer products a 6 based on the service you get from the people that work there.
I've had my Compes for over a year now and I've been using it after intense long rides when my quads feel fried. I like to use Active Recovery, followed by Massage, and it really does make a difference. Recently I crashed and hit my head, resulting in a concussion and whiplash. This has led to some intense, excruciating headaches, for which rest and norco were prescribed. A chiropractor tried his 10s unit on my neck/shoulders and What A Difference! That's when I realized I could use my complex and treat my neck at home. This has made an incredible difference - the headaches are GONE because the neck/shoulder tightness is relieved with this treatment. (I talked with Jake at Hammer and he recommended Active Recovery and emailed a diagram of pad placement.) I can't say enough how grateful I am to be able to finally have an answer AND to be able to get treatment as needed, at home, with my Compex unit. I also realized that it would (obviously) benefit my neck on a regular basis, due to long hours in the TT position!
So far has been good ! I had only for a weeks and I am learning more . Hammer gave me a consultation by phone and it's help a lot .
I find the Compex to be a more user-friendly unit than my old (worn out) product (different manufacturer). I especially like the 'Active Recovery' and 'Massage' settings, but know I will be using the strength settings during the upcoming off-season.
how often do the contacts need to be replaced and will you continue to carry them?
- Asked by james
- Verified Reply - SteveIf you are referring to the pads, you should easily get 20 - 25 uses out of them--perhaps even a few more. Make sure that you use them on clean, dry skin (no lotion or oil), and that you place the pads back on the plastic backing and in the resealable plastic bag immediately after use. Once the pads lose their stickiness/adhesiveness, adding a couple drops of Spectra Conductivity Gel (https://www.hammernutrition.com/conductivity-gel/) will enable you to extend the "life span" of the current pads. Simply add a couple drops of gel to the sticky part of the pad. Smear with your finger to cover the entire surface area. Proceed with your EMS program, then, when completed, repeat the process prior to putting the pads back on the plastic backing and back in the resealable bag. Hammer Nutrition carries both sizes of pads in both the snap-on and pin-insertion forms.