Raw Energy Hammer Bars
The Answer to Seasonal Snack Cravings
BY ARYNN MAZNIO
Shoulder season is upon us (as we have to change what we’re wearing on our shoulders throughout the day), and one subtle change we don’t typically notice is, with the change of season, often comes a slight shift in our diets . . . unfortunately in the less-healthy direction. Whether it’s the upcoming holidays and easy access to treats and comfort foods, the colder, crisper weather, or perhaps an off-season decline in regular exercise, it seems that this time of year has an impact on the meal and snack choices we make. Even worse, many snacks at our disposal are poor in nutrients at best—who really wants to load up on unhealthy fats, sugars, and sodium? Let us simplify the choice for you by offering our antidote to your seasonal snack cravings: Raw Energy Hammer Bars!
Here are a few reasons to ditch the usual processed snacks for a healthy, all-natural option guaranteed to provide much-needed energy, whether you’re running errands, hiking in the autumn woods, or conditioning for upcoming winter sports:
- Processed foods and beverages are the biggest sources of added sugar and high fructose corn syrup in the diet. The consumption of excess sugar has many negative health consequences associated with it—far too many to list here—but one that’s worth noting is the effect that high sugar intake has on nutrient absorption. While whole foods provide your body with a plethora of vitamins and minerals, processed foods are devoid of these nutrients, and their high sugar content reduces absorption of crucial vitamins and minerals, causing nutrient depletion.
- Most processed foods are intentionally engineered to be exceptionally sweet, salty, and fatty—these three tastes being very “rewarding” to the brain. In fact, many processed foods are so high in sugar/salt/fat that they’re actually “hyper-rewarding” and can override natural satiety mechanisms in the body. This can cause overconsumption, which will compromise health.
- Processed foods contain unwanted artificial ingredients. In fact, the term “artificial flavor" usually means that it is not a single ingredient, but a combination of several chemicals. The listing of “artificial flavor” on an ingredients list could, for example, mean a blend of 10 or more chemicals.
- Unlike whole foods, processed foods tend to be low in fiber. High-fiber diets support optimal digestive and cardiovascular health, promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and help reduce health-damaging inflammation.
- Unlike far too many energy/food bars—which are really just expensive processed food—Raw Energy Hammer Bars are real food, made of whole, organic, raw food sources. They provide nutrient-dense complex carbohydrates, complete vegetable proteins, and healthy fats. Plus, they’re a good source of fiber. Raw Energy Hammer Bars are certified vegan and kosher, and they are free of GMO’s and gluten.
- Delicious for every palate, Raw Energy Hammer Bars are kid-friendly and come in five flavors: Almond Raisin, Coconut Chocolate Chip, Cranberry, Oatmeal Apple, and Chocolate Chip. Who can say no to those options?!
Don’t let seasonal cravings get the best of you. Try Hammer Bars for a satisfying, “real food” approach to workout fueling or a heathy snack for you and your family, and navigate the season the right way!