Protect Yourself Against Colds and Flu…with CLEAR DAY!
BY STEVE BORN
No, that’s not a typo! Hammer Nutrition’s Clear Day—though primarily known for helping to protect you from allergy occurrences and alleviating allergy symptoms—contains four nutrients that many nutritional experts consider to be immune system “superstars.”
1. Olive Leaf Extract is one of the most potent antioxidants known, with an astounding oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) value of 7,608. Its main component is a chemical compound called oleuropein (pronounced oh-lee-OR-oh-peen), with another chemical compound—elenolic acid—found within oleuropein. This dynamic combination has been shown to have a number of beneficial properties for the immune system. Regarding olive leaf extract’s powerful effects, Dr. Lisa Weinrib states, “It’s the missing link that functions as an antiviral and antiretroviral agent by slowing down the organism’s reproductive cycle. A slowdown...allows the patient’s immune system to go on the attack.”
2. Quercetin (pronounced KWAIR-ceh-tin) is a compound that occurs in a variety of fruits and vegetables. In addition to its antihistaminic properties, quercetin is well known for its beneficial effects against aches and soreness, which is why it’s in Tissue Rejuvenator and Vegan Tissue Rejuvenator. It’s a potent antioxidant and powerful protector of the lungs and cardiovascular system, and research reveals it has extraordinary properties for resisting infection.
3. Bromelain (pronounced BRO-muh-lane), derived from pineapples, is the perfect complement to quercetin, as it has similar anti-irritation/soreness properties and significantly increases the absorption of quercetin. Research suggests that helping alleviate bronchitis and sinusitis symptoms may be some of bromelain’s most powerful effects.
4. Resveratrol (pronounced rez-VAIR-ruh-trahl), found in red grape skins, berries, and the Japanese Knotweed plant, is one of the most studied compounds to date and may have the widest range of health benefits of any researched compound. Its antioxidant and immune system-boosting properties are without peer. According to research, “The effects of this biologically active compound on the immune system are associated with widespread health benefits for different autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases.”
When allergy season is here, you’ll find no better ally than Clear Day. But why limit its use to just that specific time of year? The multi-beneficial nutrient quartet that makes up the Clear Day formula may very well be the most powerful immune system-boosting protection you can find. Two Clear Day capsules twice daily provide the immune system protection your body wants and needs!
1. Choi HJ, Song JH, Park KS, Kwon DH. Inhibitory effects of quercetin 3-rhamnoside on influenza A virus replication. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2009 Jun 28;37(3-4):329-33.
2. Ganesan S, Faris AN, Comstock AT, et al. Quercetin inhibits rhinovirus replication in vitro and in vivo. Antiviral Res. 2012 Mar 23.