Hammer Gel: the natural choice for rock-solid energy for nearly two decades!
By Steve Born
Since 1995, Hammer Gel has set the pace for providing athletes concentrated carbohydrate energy—without any refined simple sugars or artificial ingredients of any kind. For consistent energy, Hammer Gel stands alone in today's glutted market of energy products. A look at the ingredient list on the label will tell you why:
1) Hammer Gels contain NO added, non-beneficial simple sugars.
To enjoy high-quality sustained energy, avoid any fuel that contains added carbohydrates in the form of simple sugars. Simple sugars usually end in "-ose" (i.e., glucose, sucrose, fructose, etc.). When you see an "ose" sugar listed on the label, run the other way! Here's why:
- They provide inconsistent and short-lived "flash and crash" energy. Riding a roller coaster of energy - feeling great for a few moments, then struggling to overcome an energy rut - is no way to enjoy your workouts or achieve top race results.
- They supply very low amounts of usable calories for energy. A calorically weak simple sugar concentration of 6-8% is the limit; higher concentrations will be digested less efficiently, resulting in an increased risk of digestive problems such as nausea, bloating, cramping, and diarrhea.
- They increase the potential for over-hydration and its host of associated problems. When you try to fulfill your bodys calorie requirements by consuming increased quantities of simple sugar-containing energy gels, you must drink large amounts of fluids to adequately digest them.
2) Hammer Gels DO contain complex carbohydrates for rock-solid, long-lasting energy.
Complex carbohydrates, such as the maltodextrin in Hammer Gels, are superior to simple sugars because:
- They deliver substantially more calories (up to 3x more!) for use as energy than simple sugar mixtures can. Because complex carbohydrates match body fluid osmolality at a more concentrated (15-18%) solution, they exit the GI tract at the same efficient rate as normal body fluids do. Simple sugar solutions are limited to a 6-8% concentration; at higher concentrations, they're likely to cause digestive problems.
- Maltodextrin raises blood sugar levels fast during and immediately after exercise. With a Glycemic Index (GI) value of 100, Hammer Gel's maltodextrin works as effectively as glucose (also100) and faster than other simple sugars such as sucrose (58-65) and fructose (12-25).
- They don't cause the rapid drop in energy - that undesirable "peak and valley" or "flash and crash" effect - common with simple sugars.
3) Hammer Gels are natural, gluten-free, and available in 10 delicious flavors.
Hammer Gels are made only with real fruit and other wholesome ingredients. Just as they have since 1995, Hammer Gels contain no artificial flavors, colors, or ingredients of any kind. With 10 delicious flavors - including our new and extremely popular Peanut Butter Hammer Gel - you're sure to find several to enjoy hour after hour! They're gluten-free, kosher, and vegan-certified, too. TIP: With 1 gram protein and 2 grams fat per serving, new Peanut Butter Hammer Gel is perfect for ultra-distance events.
Convenience: any way you like it
Choose either single-serving pouches for energy on the go, or cost-effective, eco-friendly 26-serving jugs. We recently completely redesigned our single-serve packets: they're now significantly smaller and much easier to open. With our new Hammer Gel pouches, there's less waste and less hassle - with the exact same serving size! Both single-serves and jugs are available in all 10 flavors; unflavored gel is available in jugs.
Drink Hammer Gel straight, add it to your water bottle, or combine it with Sustained Energy, HEED, or Perpetuem to create a variety of tasty energy combinations for any length activity - anywhere, anytime. Our clients tell us they love mixing Hammer Gel flavors too: try Chocolate and Espresso, Peanut Butter and Raspberry, Banana, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. Our Hammer Flask makes it easy to create your own custom gel!
You can purchase Hammer Gel in a variety of ways to suit your needs:
- Single-serving pouches - $1.40 each. Buy 12 or more in any combination of flavors for $1.25 each (12 for $15.00). That's like a getting a FREE packet for every 11 you buy.
- Hammer Gel Sampler Kit - 10 single-serving pouches (one in every flavor, except Unflavored) for just $11.95. That's about $1.20 per serving!
- 26-serving jugs - $19.95 each, or about 77¢ per serving. (HINT: When you find a flavor of Hammer Gel that you really like, this is the ideal way to purchase it!)
- 3+ jugs - just $17.95 per jug, or a mere 69¢ per serving! Mix or match flavors. (HINT: When you find a few flavors of Hammer Gel that you really like, this is by far the best way to purchase them!)
For long-lasting energy; delicious natural ingredients, and super convenience - all at an economical price - Hammer Gel is the energy gel you want. Plus, thanks to the naturally occurring protein and fat in Peanut Butter Hammer Gel, you now have a an "ultra gel" option that helps fulfill fueling needs during longer-duration workouts and races.
We guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied with Hammer Gel. Take Hammer Gel with you on your next run, ride, or training session, and experience what thousands of athletes already know: Hammer Gel is the premier energy gel, and it will make a noticeably positive difference in your workouts and races!