5 Tips to avoid winter weight gain
Prevent excess pounds now, and you won't need to shed them in spring!
By Endurance News Staff
Hammer peak performance tip: By preventing winter weight gain, you will be one big step ahead when it's time to ramp up training in spring. Hydration and smart eating go a long way. When you need a little help, rely on Hammer's Appestat, Phytolean, and REM Caps. Read on for details.
Sugar- and fat-laden desserts, party noshes and sauces, sugar-sweetened cocktails... Add reduced exercise and stress to the mix, and you've got a recipe for weight gain. From Halloween through the early New Year, even the most disciplined athlete can struggle to hold the line against extra pounds. Use these tips to devise your defense.
1. Water works. Proper hydration is always important, but during the holidays it can be a valuable ally. Aim to drink two full glasses of water before you leave for that holiday gathering to help curb your appetite and counteract the dehydrating effect of alcohol. Throughout the day, every day, drink 0.5-0.6 ounces of pure clean water per pound of your body weight.
2. Rein in appetite. Don't wait until Thanksgiving morning to fight your appetite. Get a jump on cravings now with Appestat. It suppresses appetite and helps to increase fat metabolism without the use of harmful stimulants. It also contains a plant-based precursor of serotonin, which may enhance sleep quality and reduce sugar cravings. Take 1-2 capsules an hour before lunch and dinner; use in cycles of three weeks on, and one week off.
3. Go for color! Be proactive at those parties. Instead of standing at the buffet table, wondering whether to choose salty/starchy nachos or high-fat Brie cheese, bring the hostess a tray of kale wraps, stuffed cherry tomatoes, and sliced sweet peppers. These veggies are loaded with nutrients and fiber yet low in calories. Lean proteins such as steamed shrimp, turkey breast, or small handfuls of nuts, also are good choices.
4. Easy on the white stuff. Bypass the sauces, gravies, and dressings, as well as starchy carbs like bread, chips, white rice, pasta, and cookies. On those rare times when you know you'll indulge, be sure to take Phytolean. It blocks the digestion of starchy carbs, enhances fat burning, and optimizes blood sugar levels.
5. Get your ZZZs. Research has shown that not getting 8 hours of quality sleep can affect your body's insulin and ghrelin levels, leading to overeating. Ensure a full night of restful sleep by taking 2 REM Caps an hour before bedtime. Made only with natural ingredients, REM Caps improves sleep quality and duration, enhances growth hormone release, and helps your immune system stay strong.
Cheers to your health!
Good to Know
Our cookbook In the Kitchen with Hammer Nutrition includes dozens of delicious, healthful, and easy to make recipes perfect for the holidays and all year-round.