10 Tips to Stay Healthy Now and All Year Long
BY STEVE BORN
Staying healthy is always important, but it is especially important right now! We sent this out to all Hammer employees and hope you’ll follow suit as well. There are simple steps you can take to stay healthy and protect your immune system. These are things you should practice all year!
1) Wash your hands with soap and hot water frequently. This is the beginning of infection control. Thoroughly washing with soap and hot water greatly promotes the destruction of germs, which avoids transmitting them to yourself or others.
2) Eat a healthy diet, containing a variety of whole plant foods. There are nearly countless, health-benefiting compounds (phytonutrients) in whole fruits and vegetables—the sulforaphane in cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) is an excellent example—and the best way to obtain maximum amounts of these all-important nutrients is to “eat the rainbow,” meaning to consume fruits and vegetables in a range of different colors.
3) Supplement your diet with a variety of antioxidant nutrients. Supporting strong immunity requires the intake of a wide range of free-radical neutralizing antioxidants. Premium Insurance Caps, Race Caps Supreme, Mito Caps, Super Antioxidant, and AO Booster should be daily "staples" in your supplement program.
4) Use Hammer Whey regularly. Whey protein is a rich source of glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine, the three amino acids required for glutathione production, glutathione considered by many experts as the number one antioxidant of all. The added glutamine in whey protein isolate is also an outstanding glutathione precursor. Additionally, whey protein contains unique proteins called immunoglobulins that help stimulate immune function.
5)Take a probiotic supplement (Digest Caps) daily. The Greek physician, Hippocrates, once stated, “all disease begins in the gut,” and we believe that’s true to some degree. When the healthy bacteria in the digestive system are destroyed—and this can be caused by infections, poor diet, stress, overuse of NSAID medications, antibiotics, and even chlorinated water—it allows undesirable bacteria to flourish and compromise digestive system function, nutrient absorption, intestinal health, and immunity. Taking a probiotic supplement daily helps tip the scales in favor of the “good guys.”
6) Protect and support your liver with LSA Caps. The liver works hard enough as it is every single day to detoxify, filter, and help remove harmful toxins, chemicals, and bacteria in the blood, as well as toxins that we are exposed to daily. It has to work even harder when our immune system is being taxed. Among the multi-beneficial nutrients found in LSA Caps is NAC (n-acetyl cysteine), which not only has antioxidant properties of its own, it is also a superb precursor for bodily production of glutathione.
7) Take Clear Day every day, not just during allergy season. Though known primarily for helping to protect you from allergy occurrences and for powerfully alleviating allergy symptoms—and it is outstanding for that—Clear Day contains four nutrients that many nutritional experts consider to be immune system “superstars.” Read more on pages 38-39
8) Making sure you’re drinking sufficient amounts of pure, clean water. Take your body weight in pounds and multiply by 0.5 to 0.6. This is the number of ounces of fluids you should drink—primarily from pure, clean water—every day.
9) Exercise regularly, and reduce stress as much as possible. Among its many tremendous benefits, exercise is one of the very best ways to boost immunity and reduce stress. If you’re able to, get outside to do your exercise; the fresh air will do wonders for your mood. Additionally, if you’re in a sunny area, you’ll get the added bonus of the vitamin D that the sun generously supplies, this vitamin being extremely important for your immune system. If you can’t get outside or if the sun’s not shining, you can meet some of your vitamin D needs via Premium Insurance Caps, with additional amounts easily accomplished with a stand-alone vitamin D supplement.
Hammer CBD and Essential Mg are two Hammer Nutrition supplements that should be in your daily supplement regimen for a plethora or reasons, including helping your body address stress and counter its effects.
Stay healthy and keep Hammering!