Premium prostate protection
- Promotes optimal prostate health
- Reduces frequent urination
- Provides potent antioxidant support
$ 24.95 Sale Price:$ 19.96
This item has been added to your cart.
pre-exercise during after
When to Use
As a man ages it's common for the prostate gland to become enlarged, with cyclists being especially at risk. If you're over 40 years old, or if you cycle regularly, PSA Caps is a must-have supplement for you.
The PSA Formula
- Beta Sitosterol - This plant sterol inhibits 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to harmful dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and aromatase, an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of testosterone to unwanted harmful estrogens, estradiol and estrone. Beta sitosterol has been demonstrated to improve urine flow velocity in men with enlarged prostate, while also providing anti-inflammatory effects in prostate tissue, which helps reduce an enlarged prostate.
- Saw Palmetto Extract (Seronoa repens) - The extract from this plant (a creeping palm with a trunk that lies on or just below the ground surface) is a frequently used herbal treatment for enhancing prostate health. Saw Palmetto (320 mg per day) inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase, the enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), reducing DHT by 66% in the periurethral region of the prostate gland, and by 50% in the prostate gland. Saw Palmetto also reduces epidermal growth factor (EGF).
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica Root Extract 4:1) - The active ingredient in this herb-like shrub inhibits the ability of epidermal growth factor (EGF) to bind to its receptors in the prostate and to subsequently stimulate the growth of prostate tissue (a key underlying factor in the progression of enlarged prostate).
- Epilobium (small flower willow) - Epilobium contains two polyphenols (Oenothein A, Oenothein B), which inhibit the 5-alpha reductase enzyme conversion of testosterone to DHT. Epilobium also inhibits aromatase from converting testosterone to estrogens, which happens in older males as they age, helping to reduced harmful DHT, estradiol, and estrone levels, which are known to contribute to prostate-related disorders. Epilobium also inhibits two types of prostaglandin 2's (especially E-2), which have undesirable pro-inflammatory effects.
- Lycopene - This member of the carotenoid family (it produces the red/reddish color in tomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit, guava & papaya) is a powerful antioxidant that protects the Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) content of lymphocytes (cells found in the blood, lymph, and lymphoid tissues) from oxidative damage. Research reports that endurance cyclists suffer from prostate disorders, erectile dysfunction, reduced sperm motility, and reduced sperm counts. Using 50 volunteers with low active sperm counts, researchers gave subjects 8 mg/d of lycopene during this one-year study; 35 patients experienced an improvement in sperm count, and 30 had improved functional sperm concentrations. There was a 36% pregnancy rate among the participants' partners by the end of the study.
- Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine - These amino acids, when taken for 14 days or more, minimized the symptoms of enlarged prostate. In order to positively affect/influence several hormonal pathways involving prostate health, these particular amino acids should be consumed 60+ minutes before other amino acids (or protein-containing foods) are consumed.
|Serving Size 1 capsule
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Stinging Nettle 4:1||125mg||†|
|Saw Palmetto Extract Ext 40-45%||160mg||†|
|Epilobium (small flower willow)||25mg||†|
| * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
|Other Ingredients: Stabilized Rice Bran, Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water)|
Customers Also Bought These Items
Cleans up fatigue-causing ammoniaShop Anti-Fatigue Caps$19.95 Qty Discounts Available
Anti-aging formula with powerful athletic benefitsShop Mito Caps$24.95
High-potency multivitamin/mineral supplementShop Premium Insurance Caps$19.95 - $34.95
Live green super-food for peak energyShop Phytomax$22.95 Qty Discounts Available
Less pain, more milesShop Tissue Rejuvenator$17.95 - $29.95 Qty Discounts Available
Get the VIP Treatment
Join the Hammer VIP Program Today!
Rated 4 out of 5 by Biking_bud from Good product Product seems to do a better job than just using Saw Palmetto. Would like it better if the container had more than just a one-month supply (60 vs 30 caps)
Date published: 2014-06-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Drew from They Work I'm getting older and while I don't race anymore I am a very active cyclist, riding about four days a week year round. A number of years ago I got a bladder infection and I decided that being an aging male maybe I ought to try a little preventative medicine. All I can say is I have had zero male issues and the PSA Caps certainly seem to have helped prevent any problems. Thanks Hammer for another fine product!
Date published: 2014-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by naspa from Excellent This product worked for me from the first pill. I used to go to the bathroom a lot during the night, sometimes 6 times a night. Pretty much every hour of my sleep Iâd have to get up and go. I went to doctors and they determined that there was nothing wrong with me. That was my nature and I had to live with it. I tried some particular tea that helped but then I run out of the tea and couldnât find it anymore. I reluctantly but very hopeful I tried these pills and they worked. I still get up once a night, very rarely twice, but thatâs it. I take one AM and one PM. I donât worry anymore of drinking water after a certain time before bad. I am ordering my 2nd bottle but once I finish the 1st bottle Iâll take a break for a few weeks to see the difference.
Date published: 2014-03-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Fatboy from Had high hopes for PSA caps This product worked great for a friend. It has not worked for me at all.
Date published: 2014-03-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by HaveNone from Excellent I am 84 yrs old. I have been using PSA Caps for many many years. They have made a dramatic difference in the time between bathroom visits. I love your products.
Date published: 2014-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by tsmc from Delivers more benefits than listed! This product has made a positive impact on my life, and I can't do without it. Several quite vexing issues, one of them quite painful, have subsided to nearly zero.
Date published: 2014-01-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by Clydesdale from PSA Caps First bottle was ineffective, but I did not follow the protocol, so this time around I am more careful when I take the capsules. BPE is a major problem for me, and drugs have not helped...seems like good nutrition really helps more than anything.
Date published: 2014-01-19