Globus Premium Fitness
- 30-minute consultation ($49.95 value-FREE)
- It's like having a masseuse and a gym in your pocket.
- Muscle recovery in minutes, not days.
- Help prevent and manage injuries.
- Increase power.
- Build muscle faster.
- Correct leg imbalances.
Product Detail & Benefits
FDA ApprovedAdvanced Features:
- Stimulations (2+2): carry out simultaneously 2 different programs on different body parts.
- Syncro-Stim: adjust simultaneously the intensity on all 4 channels.
- Auto Recall: use a training program without any adjustment of the current intensity.
- Last Session: automatically stored and recall at the push of a button the last 10 Training Sessions.
- Multi-User: share the electrostimulator with other users, while keeping each user's setting and preferences unchanged.
- Personal Trainer: built-in menus guide you to choose the appropriate training session to achieve your own objectives.
- 4 Independent Channels (8 electrodes)
- Frequecy: 1-120 Hz
- Maximum Current: 120 mA on each channel
- Pulse Width: 200-400 microseconds
- Waveform: rectangular, compensated, biphasic, symmetrical.
- Certifications: CE MDD Medical.
- Weight: 15.5 oz (444g)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.5" x 3.8" x 1.4"
- Housing material and construction: Plastic, ABS
- Number of Output Channels: 4
View a detailed comparison between the Globus Premium units. Globus Comparison Guide (PDF)
Why buy your Electrical Muscle Stimulator from Hammer Nutrition?
- We're EMS experts, we've been selling Electrical Muscle Stimulators to endurance athletes since 2004
- FREE - Carrying Case
- FREE - 4 lead cables for electrode-pad connection
- FREE - Battery Charger
- FREE - 8 reusable adhesive electrode pads 2"x2"
- FREE - 4 reusable adhesive electrode pads 2"x4"
- FREE - One on one post purchase setup and usage consultation
- FREE - FedEx 3-day shipping
Globus Premium Fitness, with its jogging, basic training, anaerobic resistance, active recovery and preparation programs, help develop your physique, and charge you full of energy.
Train Your Physical Shape
Fitness programs developed by coaches and personal trainers, improve your physical shape through electro-stimulation: balance your strength, develop your resistance, prepare for exercise, recover from exercise, and from muscular fatigue.
Take Good Care of Your Body
Globus Premium Fitness with its programs will take care of your wellness and will help eliminate daily fatigue and stress.
Multiple Treatments 2+2
The strong point of the Four-Channel Globus stimulators is the capability to train at the same time different muscle groups with different training needs.
Globus Italia Research Center
All Globus Premium Fitness programs have been conceived by Globus's own research center, which includes Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Trainers and Sport-Medicine physicians around the world. The Globus electro-stimulators have been created by an Olympic champion, and are widely used by professional athletes for their characteristics of power, reliability and effectiveness which set them apart.
This product contrary to most less expensive competing devices has been approved by the FDA for consumer use without medical prescription and without supervision from a licensed practitioner.
Please Note: Referral discounts and referral credits are not applicable toward the purchase of Globus units.
- 30-minute consultation ($49.95 value-FREE)
- Carrying Case
- 4 lead cables for electrode-pad connection
- Battery Charger
- 4 reusable adhesive electrode pads 2"x2"
- 2 reusable adhesive electrode pads 2"x4"
- User Manual
- One on one post purchase setup and usage consultation
Two-yearThree-year Warranty! (Extended warranty only available to Hammer Nutrition clients.)
All Globus units qualify for free shipping via FedEx 3-day, and require signature for delivery.
(This will not be reflected online.)
Customers Also Bought These Items
Charge Your Globus UnitShop Globus Battery Charger$29.95
Rechargeable NiMH Battery PackShop Globus Battery Pack$34.95
Cables to Connect the Unit to the Electrode PadsShop Globus Colored Lead Cables$39.95
Quality Electrical Muscle StimulatorShop Globus Premium Sport$750.00
Top of the LineShop Globus Premium Sport Plus$850.00
Programs & Technology
- Warm up
- Aerobic Resistance (Endurance)
- Active Recovery
- Fitness (Basic Training)
Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) works by sending stimulating pulses through the skin and along the nerve strands that fire or activate the muscles. It does not directly activate the muscles, but activates them through neuro-musucular connections just as the brain would.
Electric Stimulation units are about the size of a hand-held Game Boy and has four leads, each split into positive (+) and negative (-) connectors. Reusable adhesive pads are placed at strategic points on the muscles you want to engage in a particular workout. Connect the leads to the wire coming from the pad and you are ready for your EMS work out.
Electrostimulation uses electrical impulses acting on motoneurons and nerve terminals to promote muscle contraction in a manner similar to voluntary contraction. Electrostimulation can be used in two different ways: Muscular stimulation (for the development of force),and Nerve terminal stimulation (for treatments to alleviate pain).
Types of muscle
There are three types of muscle: striated (or voluntary) muscles, cardiac muscle, and smooth (or involuntary) muscle. Voluntary muscles include skeletal muscles, which allow the skeleton to move, and cutaneous muscles, which generate facial expressions for example. Cardiac muscle and smooth muscle are not voluntarily controlled.
The majority of human muscle is striated, or voluntary. There are approximately 200 different muscles on each side of the body (for a total of 400). Skeletal muscles are the target of electrical muscle stimulation (EMS).
Mechanism of muscular contraction
Skeletal muscles function through the mechanism of contraction. Muscular contractions cause the relative movement of bones around joints, and thus result in movements of the skeleton.
Muscles contract in the following way: when a person decides to make a movement, there is a change of the electric potential in the motor center of the brain and an electric impulse is transmitted to the muscle that has to move. The electrical signal is transmitted as a change of potential (voltage), an electrical impulse that travels through the motor nerve to the muscle to be stimulated. After receiving the impulse, calcium ions are freed from neural stores, which in turn causes two components of muscular fibers, actin and myosin, to approach each other. This results in a shortening of certain areas of the fiber, the so-called Z bands, leading to muscular contraction.
The energy needed for contraction is supplied by sugars and fats stored in the body. In other words, electrical stimulation is not a direct energy resource but it works as a trigger of this energy, which results in a muscular contraction. The same type of mechanism is activated when muscular contraction is produced by an electro-muscular stimulator (EMS). EMS assumes the same role as a natural impulse transmitted by the nervous system. At the end of contraction muscles relax and return to their original state.
How Conductivity Gel Works
Conductivity gel works by filling in pores with a conductive emulsion that has the same pH as the skin. This re-establishes conductivity for pads that have lost their original conductive, adhesive-gel layer, and enhances the contact area for the pads to transmit the electrical signal through the skin to the muscles below. It also protects pads so that the adhesive is not affected as much by oils and dirt on the skin. Use conductivity gel for each EMS session. Put 1/4 tsp blobs on each small pad, and two tsp blobs on each large pad. Spread with your fingertips. If doing two muscle groups (i.e. hams and glutes) in a session for the hams, then move the pads to the glutes without adding more. One could add a bit to the skin on the glutes for additional comfort and pad life.
Globus Sport and Health Technologies