Hammer Gel (AES vol 9.13)
Enjoy sustained energy without peaks or crashes!
BY STEVE BORN
Despite the ever-increasing choices of energy gels available, Hammer Gel continues to reign supreme when it comes to a convenient, healthy, and economical way to supply your body with quick-acting, long-lasting energy. The following four reasons make it distinctly clear why Hammer Gel should be your energy gel of choice:
1.) No added, non-beneficial "ose" sugars - To enjoy the kind of highquality, sustained energy that you're looking for, it's imperative to avoid the use of any fuel that contains added carbohydrates in the form of simple sugars, the ones with the last three letters "ose" in their name (i.e., glucose, sucrose, fructose, etc.). "Ose" sugars are undesirable choices because:
- They provide inconsistent and short-lived "flash and crash" energy. Riding a roller coaster of energy - feeling great for a few brief moments, then struggling to get out of an energy rut - is no way to enjoy your workouts or achieve top race results.
- "Ose" simple sugars supply very low and almost always inadequate amounts of calories that the body can accept, assimilate, and utilize for energy. A calorically weak simple sugar concentration of 6-8% is the limit for quick conversion to energy; higher concentrations will be substantially delayed from digesting efficiently, resulting in an increased risk of stomach-related problems such as nausea, bloating, cramping, and diarrhea.
- They increase the potential for overhydration and its host of associated problems. When you try to fulfill your body's optimal calorie requirements by consuming increased quantities of energy gels that contain simple sugars, you have to drink copious amounts of fluids to adequately digest them.
Bottom line: Using "ose" sugars to fuel your body is similar to lighting a piece of paper on fire. You get a fast heat, but it's a v-e-r-y limited amount. It burns out quickly, and you have to continually feed the fire. That's just flat-out inefficient and wrong. Check the labels on energy gels for "ose" sugar, and avoid it - you don't want or need that garbage in your body!
2.) Stable, sustained energy from complex carbohydrates (maltodextrin) - Complex carbohydrates are superior to simple sugars, providing numerous performance benefits:
- More calories available for energy production.Complex carbohydrates match body fluid osmolality parameters (280-303 mOsm) at a more concentrated 15-18% solution, whereas the limit for effective digestion of simple sugars is a meager 6-8% solution. Therefore, complex carbohydrates will exit the GI tract at the same efficient rate as normal body fluids, providing substantially more calories (up to three times more) than simple-sugar mixtures will.
- They have a high Glycemic Index (GI) rating.Maltodextrin, the complex carbohydrate used in Hammer Gel, has a GI value of 100, which is equal to glucose (100) and higher than sucrose (58-65) and fructose (12-25). This means that maltodextrin raises blood sugar levels as effectively as glucose, and faster than other simple sugars. During and immediately following exercise, a high-GI carbohydrate - one that elevates blood sugar levels rapidly - offers a most-desirable and beneficial effect.
- They provide a more consistent, longer-lasting energy during exercise. Hammer Gel, a complex carbohydrate fuel, doesn't cause the rapid and precipitous drop - that unpleasant and undesirable "peak and valley" effect - that is common with simple sugars.
Bottom line: Using the same "heat/energy" analogy, complex carbohydrates are similar to putting a nice pile of wood on the fire; they burn longer and more evenly, with the declination in "heat" (energy levels) being much more gradual. Thats EXACTLY how you want your fuel to work in your body.
3.) Great taste - If an energy gel doesn't taste good, chances are you're not going to consume it, at least not with much enthusiasm. That's why we make nine flavors of Hammer Gel from wholesome ingredients including real fruit . . . you're sure to find several that you'll enjoy hour after hour!
4.) Great versatility and value - Single-serving pouches have long been the favorite for convenience. Throw a few in your jersey pocket or runner's belt, and go! You can also add Hammer Gel to your water bottle - it mixes easily in water for a delicious sports drink - or combine it with Sustained Energy, Perpetuem, or HEED to create a variety of tasty energy combinations for any length activity. The refillable Hammer Flask holds five servings of gel and provides other options: fill with gel for several hours of fuel, or fill with a few servings of gel and top off with water (perfect for athletes who prefer a thinner consistency and/or a lighter flavor).
There are several ways to purchase Hammer Gel that make it an incredible value in addition to an incredible fuel:
- The Hammer Gel Sampler Kit contains nine single-serving pouches, one in every flavor (except Unflavored), and is a great value at $7.95. That's only 88¢ per serving!
- Eco-friendly, 26-serving jugs of Hammer Gel (including Unflavored) are still just $19.95 each, about 77¢ per serving. (HINT: When you find a flavor of Hammer Gel that you really like, this is the ideal way to purchase it!)
- Three or more jugs in any flavor combination are $17.95 per jug, making each serving a mere 69¢. Hammer Gel's quality and freshness lasts a full two years from its manufacture date, so rest assured that you can stock up at a value and have plenty of time to consume it, regardless of your training and racing demands.
When you look beyond the flashy packaging of other energy gels on the market and read the lists of ingredients, the choice continues to be obvious. High-quality, gluten-free, vegan-friendly Hammer Gel is exactly what your body requires to produce the kind of superior energy you're looking for - the quality of energy that other gels just can't deliver!
As is the case with all of our products, we guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied with Hammer Gel. Give it a try today - a serious, thorough try in numerous exercise sessions - and find out what thousands of athletes already know: Hammer Gel's effects make a noticeably positive difference in your workouts and races! HN
Sodium in gel: less is best!
Companies seem to be on a mission to see who can put the highest amount of sodium in their fuels. Before you buy into the "more is better" concept regarding sodium, realize that there are serious problems associated with excessive sodium levels in energy fuels, including gels.
We are unquestionably consuming several times more sodium on a daily basis than is necessary (see blockquote), a habit that not only has proven negative general health consequences but affects athletic performance as well.
The sodium content in an energy fuel may fulfill a fractional amount of your electrolyte requirements. However, its primary purpose is to balance the osmolality of the mixture so that it can be within body fluid osmolality parameters for efficient digestion. The higher the sugar content in an energy gel or drink, the more sodium MUST be present, not to satisfy electrolyte requirements, but rather to lower the osmolality of the mixture so that it can be digested with better efficiency.
Hammer Gel contains both sodium and potassium in amounts that are sufficient for aiding in the digestion of complex carbohydrates while also acting as a natural preservative. They are not intended to fulfill your electrolyte requirements; thats where Hammer Nutrition's Endurolytes and Fizz products come in.
Our unique full-spectrum electrolyte profile in Endurolytes and Fizz allows you to meet this crucial requirement of athletic fueling with much greater precision.
The combination of Hammer Gel and Endurolytes or Fizz is the ideal calorie and electrolyte replenishment solution!
What you need to know about sodium:
- The average American two years of age and older consumes over 8,500 mg of salt daily, which equates to over 3,400 mg of sodium.
- The amount of sodium required to maintain health in a sedentary person is between 200-500 mg per day.
- Research supports that chronic consumption of more than 2,300 mg of sodium per day may contribute to numerous health disorders including hypertension and congestive heart failure. The American Heart Association "recommends that most people strive to lower the amount of sodium consumed daily to less than 1,500 mg, to prevent or manage high blood pressure, a major but modifiable risk factor for heart attack and stroke."
Made with real fruit and wholesome ingredients
If you want to enjoy quality energy, it's imperative to avoid the use of any fuel that contains carbohydrates with the last three letters "ose" in their name: glucose, sucrose, maltose, fructose . . . they're what we call simple sugars.
Hammer Gel stands alone in today's glutted market of simple sugarfilled energy products. A look at the ingredient list on the label will reveal why: Hammer Gel contains long-chain complex carbohydrates for smooth, sustained energy release and easy digestion. You won't find our products saturated with cheap, ineffective, commercial-grade sugars, which can ruin health and affect performance. High-quality, gluten-free, veganfriendly Hammer Gel is exactly what your body requires to produce the kind of superior energy you're looking for - the quality of energy that other gels just can't deliver!
Hammer Gel mixes easily with water if so desired. You can drink it straight, dilute it, or use it to flavor other fuels and foods. Use it just before, during, and immediately after exercise. Available in nine flavors (plus unflavored), you're sure to find one that you'll love!