Forum

Compex Sport Elite or Performance

Compex Sport Elite or Performance

Postby jslopez93 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 pm

A bit budget conscious over the next few months and was wondering if there is really a significant benefit of the sport elite over the performance model that would merit spending the extra couple of hundred dollars or do people feel that the performance is good enough.

I had been doing climbing centuries (100 miles, about 10k feet of climbing) but due to work and life obligations my training time will be reduced significantly this next year and I'm trying to find ways to cope.

Also do the occasional criterium race so sprinting help is also an interest.

Thoughts would be appreciated.
jslopez93

Re: Compex Sport Elite or Performance

Postby casey-becker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi jslopez93,

Both the Performance and Sport Elite models of the Compex units are great tools for augmenting your training. If you’ve done your “homework,” you’ll notice that the difference between the two is the addition of one extra warm-up program, one extra strength program and two additional recovery programs available on the Sport Elite version.

I personally use a Sport Elite and while I make use of the variety of the programs offered, for my specific training goals, I find myself most frequently using the Strength and Active Recovery programs, both of which are available on the Performance model. While the Massage program is a nice relaxing program and great to run, you will get the same effects in the final stages of the Active Recovery program, as it finishes up at the same Hz value as the Massage program runs at in its entirety. From what I gather about your conventional training and concerns of being on a budget, I would suspect that you would be more than happy with the available programs and use you would get out of the Performance unit.

However, having said that, you mentioned interest in utilizing the Compex for sprint training; the Explosive Strength program offered on the Sport Elite model will target those type IIb fast-twitch muscle fibers, which help with sprint performance. Keep in mind that you will receive the added warm up program (Potentiation) and the additional recovery programs (Recovery Plus and Massage) as well with Sport Elite. With the recent price reduction of both models, specifically the Sport Elite from $999.99 to now $849.00, it is my humble opinion that it is well worth the investment, especially if sprint performance is a priority for you.

I’m confident that you would find use and benefit in the range of programs on either Compex unit to be a powerful addition to your training arsenal.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, please let us know, either here on the forum, or give myself or a colleague of mine, Levi, a call at 1.800.336.1977 and we would be happy to speak with you about the units.

Happy training!

Casey
casey-becker

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation