Forum

Lower back and abs

Lower back and abs

Postby jwa » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

I just got a Globus unit. The pictures show pad placements for lower back and abs, but there is nothing in the unit menus or in the literature (that I can find) that tells what setting to use for these muscles.

Which menu choices do I use for active recovery and/or strength on abs and lower back?

Also, with active recovery, does the menu choice really matter? For instance if you choose upper leg or lower leg, in either case you are adjusting the stimulation intensity with the buttons. How are the menu choices different?

Thanks.

Jerry Arnold
jwa

Re: Lower back and abs

Postby jason-keister » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the questions! As you noticed there are no options on the machine for trunk/ab placements, but the unit is designed to be used on almost any muscle group on the body. For any ab, back, or trunk pad placement just select "upper leg" on the Globus unit for the body part. The only difference between the different body parts is the phase width, which is a setting that determines the comfort of the program. Larger muscle groups, such as quads, run at a higher phase width than smaller muscle groups such as the lower leg. Since most muscle groups on the trunk of the body are relatively large, upper leg is a suitable body part to select. The one exception to this might be the Erector Spinae on either side of the spine. Feel free to experiment with upper leg and lower leg options when running AR or Massage on this area to see which is most comfortable. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Regards,

Jason
jason-keister

Re: Lower back and abs

Postby jwa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks Jason,

I'm getting ready to start trying some strength routines. So, I'm sure I'll have some more questions when I get into that....

Jerry
jwa

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation