Forum

Recoverite and whey intollerance

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Recoverite and whey intollerance

Postby alcook » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi. I have had great results using Recoverite this year after training...better results than anything I have every tried. But I've come to realize I'm intollerant of the whey protien used in the product. Is there some other Hammer product that has all the recovery nutrients of Recoverite but uses a different source for protien (ideally soy free also)?
alcook

Re: Recoverite and whey intollerance

Postby levi-hoch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi alcook,

Are you sure you had an intolerance to the whey in Recoverite specifically or did you just discover you had a lactose intolerance or dairy allergy? I ask because many people with a lactose intolerance are able to use the Hammer Whey and Recoverite since we use a high quality whey protein isolate that has been mostly purified of lactose, milk fats, and casein (the components in milk products that usually cause an intolerance in people) and is around 98% lactose free. Another common reason people experience stomach distress when using Recoverite is by consuming simple sugars in close proximity or eating/drinking too much too quickly immediately post exercise when your stomach could be a little sensitive. If you've ruled out these possibilities and are pretty convinced the Recoverite is bothering your system, we can recommend the following formula using HEED + Vegan protein for an alternative.

---- Soy-Free Vegan Recoverite ----

Every two-scoop serving of Recoverite contains 170 calories, 33 grams of carbohydrates, and 10 grams of whey protein. To make a similar recovery drink using Hammer Vegan Protein, mix:

* 1 slightly heaping scoop of HEED = approximately 115 calories from roughly 30 grams of carbohydrates
* 1/2 scoop of Hammer Vegan Protein = 55 calories from 10 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of carbohydrates

TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES = 32.5 grams
TOTAL PROTEIN = 10 grams
TOTAL CALORIES = 170

Flavor suggestions:
*** Lemon-Lime HEED + Vanilla Hammer Vegan Protein = Citrus Soy-free Vegan Recoverite
*** Strawberry HEED + Strawberry Hammer Vegan Protein = Strawberry Soy-free Vegan Recoverite
*** Unflavored HEED + Chocolate Hammer Vegan Protein = Chocolate Soy-free Vegan Recoverite

NOTE: Measurements do not need to be precise; the measurement suggestions as described above will get you extremely close to the
caloric-carbohydrate-protein content as listed.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Re: Recoverite and whey intollerance

Postby levi-hoch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Additionally, I recommend reading this recovery article for more information on this crucial component of athletic success.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Endurance Forum