Forum

Bike to Run Supplements

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Bike to Run Supplements

Postby jeremyangle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Is there a recommendation for additional supplements to take in T2 of an iron distance race? Outside of the "standard" Hammer Supplement Concoction of Endurolytes, RCS (2), Anti Fatigue (2), Endurance Amino (2), Mito Cap (1) every hour. Would you recommend anything else in T2 or an hour before entering T2?

- AO Booster?
- Super Antioxidant?
- Premium Ins. Caps?

Thanks
Jeremy
jeremyangle

Re: Bike to Run Supplements

Postby steve-born » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello Jeremy -

Personally, I think you've got everything pretty well covered with the supplements you're already taking. That said, I know of a few people who swear by taking a capsule of Super Antioxidant once or twice during an iron distance triathlon. Based solely on their positive feedback, if I were to add anything to your supplement list, that would be my choice.

Absolutely nothing wrong with taking AO Booster as well; it's just that now you're getting into a lot of pills... for some people that would be too many for their stomach to handle.

Premium Insurance Caps would be completely unnecessary, especially because of the vitamin B3 (niacin) in the product, which tends to inhibit the utilization of fatty acids for fuel. Save PICs for after the race to help with your recovery.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum