Forum

Programs to use while tapering

Programs to use while tapering

Postby FL510 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm getting ready to taper for a race and would like to know what change I should do in my EMS to support this. I just finished a 5-week endurance program and have 2.5 weeks till the race.

Thanks,
Tiff
FL510

Re: Programs to use while tapering

Postby casey-becker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi Tiff,

From here on out (or in), it would be recommended that you stick to the recovery programs on the unit. As you know, the reason for your taper is to allow your muscles some rest, before your big day. Conventional training greatly diminishes or comes to a halt. You want to have the same mind set when it comes to the NMES units and training with them. As you’ve experienced, when you use the strength programs, you are breaking down muscle tissue and are causing your muscles to be sore. Not a desirable effect during a taper.

Basically, whatever you are doing in your training conventionally, you want to ‘mirror’ with the use of your Compex.

Also check out the recent issues of Endurance News (EN, hereafter) since the beginning of this year as they have all featured some great Compex articles and training tips. If you don’t receive the copies of EN in the mail, you can check them out on line here: http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/endurance-news/.

I hope this helps!

Casey
casey-becker

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation