Forum

Compex and Hammer - Reunited

Compex and Hammer - Reunited

Postby jason-keister » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:15 am

Hello Fellow NMES Fans,

I know that many of you have questions about our recent transition from Globus to Compex. Brian wrote an article for the newest edition of Endurance News which I have posted below. For those of you who have purchased a Globus unit from us, have no fear. Your unit it not obsolete and Hammer Nutrition will continue to support these units, and stock parts and accessories indefinitely. Your original warranty is also still in effect, and will be for the period that your unit is covered. Please take a gander at the following info and please do not hesitate to voice any questions or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,

Jason

NMES – Back to Compex

I am very pleased to announce that after a three-year hiatus with another brand, Hammer Nutrition has re-established our relationship with Compex, the world leader in Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) technology and devices for over 20 years. Compex was the first brand of NMES devices that I came into contact with in Europe almost a decade ago and the one we first offered to our clients in 2006. Since we parted company in 2007, Compex has undergone many changes, and I firmly believe that they are now the best company for us to partner with to serve you and the growing market for this technology in the U.S. This change also means that we will no longer be selling the Globus brand of NMES units. However, owners of Globus products can rest assured that we will continue to support them with warranty service, replacement parts, and of course, gel pads. The advanced training programs, user forums, and everything else we do will benefit users of either brand equally. I will also be reaching out to owners of Globus units directly in the next 30 days. I promise that we will not abandon you and that you do not have inferior units. This change is about the future, not the past.

Without going into unnecessary detail, things happened at the corporate level in Compex in 2007 that did not allow them to supply any inventory to us for almost a year. With no inventory to sell, growing demand from consumers, and no firm date as to when product would begin shipping again, we were forced to make the difficult decision to go to another brand. Now, three years later, we find ourselves in an entirely different situation: My preferred brand, Compex, is now well capitalized by its parent company and is in position to retake the lead in NMES technology education, with new generation models now available and exciting advancements to be announced in 2011 and 2012. Furthermore, they fully recognize the leading role that Hammer Nutrition has played in the introduction and adoption of NMES in the U.S. over the past six years, and are eager to be a full partner in the process going forward. In the coming weeks and in the next issue of Endurance News, we will be announcing our joint event demonstration schedule as well as other initiatives to help you understand and reap maximum benefits from NMES. Conversely, I am not aware of any new developments or new generation devices from Globus, nor are they apparently willing to provide capital and other resources for the U.S. market.

Compex was not only the original developer of the unique, square wave technology that makes NMES so effective and painless; the company was also responsible for introducing this technology to athletes through thousands of demonstration events throughout western Europe. Until now, the lack of a cohesive, nationwide demonstration program has hindered the growth and acceptance of this powerful training aid. That is going to change in 2011 and beyond, as both companies are fully committed to this tried-and-true plan. For many of you who have not yet had the opportunity to experience NMES firsthand, the discussion of this subject and attempts to explain it on a purely verbal basis may be very difficult to grasp. On the other hand, one Active Recovery routine on a pair of tired, lactic acid-filled legs is a revelation and leaves most athletes with a newfound appreciation for the potential of these devices—enough to want to own one. When we run an Endurance or Strength program that actually produces powerful muscle contraction, it becomes an "aha!" moment of epic proportions. When given the opportunity to use NMES for injury rehabilitation and pain relief, an athlete can see the full potential of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation. Knowing that not all of you will be able to attend an event where we are demonstrating Compex NMES units, we've extended the usual 30-day guarantee to 90 days, so that you can experience the benefits in your own home.

It may not be “the best thing since sliced bread,” but I do see NMES as being akin to the heart rate monitor and, more recently, watt measurement training tools in terms of its usefulness and eventual universal adoption. NMES has the ability to completely revolutionize the way you train, race, and recover. When you consider the cost savings and convenience compared to regular massage, gym time, and rehabilitation providers, these devices may offer the best bang for the buck yet.

If you have not yet had the opportunity to investigate and see firsthand the potential of this device, I encourage you to make 2011 the year you do. In the meantime, I encourage you to read the additional NMES content on our website and call to speak with one of our NMES advisors if you have any questions.
jason-keister

Re: Compex and Hammer - Reunited

Postby Mikeflyer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Jason

Thank you for the reply. I look forward to getting more information as to the improvements that Compex may have over the Globus.

Mike
Mikeflyer

Postby jason-keister » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 pm

Mike,

If you do have any additional questions please do not hesitate to post them on the forum, email us at compex@hammernutrition.com, or give us a call here at the office.

Best Regards,

Jason
jason-keister

Postby jinhopark » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Now that Hammer and Compex have been reunited for over a year now, has Compex been able to keep up with your customer supply demands? The reason why I ask is because the Compex 2" x 4" electrode pads appear to have be back ordered for a little while...is this something more telling for what ia to come, or ia it just a temporary shortage? It just does not seem Compex puts much of it's resources in the US market for some reason. I have also noticed this backorder shotage on other retail sites, so this was not a jab on Hammer in any way.
jinhopark

Postby jinhopark » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 am

Sorry for so many typos in my previous post...I was "typing" it on my i-phone, and I "fat-thumbed" quite a few words. ;)

Also, to further clarify...my previous post was neither a jab at Hammer Nutrition nor to Compex. My wife and I both own the Sport Elite model and we love them. The reason for 2 units is because we often times would want to use the unit at the same time, so "sharing" was not an option...
jinhopark

Postby levi-hoch » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

Dear jinhopark,

DJO - the Compex corporation - is a very large company and Compex is the world's largest EMS device manufacturer, the leader in EMS technology. I really don't anticipate them having trouble keeping up with demand. The backordered status of those pads you asked about was our mistake and we actually did have them in stock, our web page just hadn't been updated. We updated it though and you should be able to order the pads without any trouble now. I apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience this may have caused you. I don't know why you've seen this shortage on other sites too.

I believe the reason why not all Compex models are available for sale in the US is because they're not all FDA approved. The devices available for purchase through the Compex USA website and Hammer Nutrition's website are FDA approved.

I'm glad to hear that you and your wife are benefiting so much from your Sport Elite models. They really are wonderful and I'm glad you both get so much use out of them. Please let me know if you ever have questions or concerns and I'll do my best to assist you.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Electrical Muscle Stimulation