Forum

Anti-Fatigue Caps in drink

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Anti-Fatigue Caps in drink

Postby smarkgraf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I have been using Anti-Fatigue Caps for my long weekend rides and really think they help. For my primary fuel, I use a Perpetuem/Heed Mix mixed for either 1 or 1.5 hrs. To that I have been adding Endurolyetes so that I am consuming 3 capusule equvalents per hour. I carry the powder in a HG flask or plastic bag to make it quick to mix my second bottle. I also supplement this with Hammer Gel and carry a second bottle of plain water. My question is, can the AF Caps be broken apart and added to my drink mix?

Steve
smarkgraf

Re: Anti-Fatigue Caps in drink

Postby steve-born » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 am

Hello Steve -

Yes, it is perfectly fine to empty the contents of Anti-Fatigue Caps into your drink mix. Be forewarned, however, that most-to-all of the nutrients in the product do not taste very good. When I was working on the redesign of the product many years ago, I tested each of the components separately and in combination. None of them, especially the OKG component, taste good at all.

So yes, you won't lose any potency of any of the components in Anti-Fatigue Caps; however, it may alter the drink mix flavor to a degree that it may not be very palatable.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby smarkgraf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks Steve,

With that information, I will keep taking them as capsules.

Steve
smarkgraf

Postby steve-born » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello Steve -

I think your taste buds will be VERY glad that you keep the contents of Anti-Fatigue Caps IN the capsule. As I mentioned in a previous post, when I was working on the upgrading of the product, I tested all of the components separately and in combination. Since I was using raw materials (in powder form) I wanted to see if it made sense to add any of these to a drink mix. I quickly found out that it was not going to work. The OKG tastes truly awful, the potassium/magnesium aspartate is not pleasant either, and the citrulline (if I remember correctly) is unbelievably tart. Put them all in combination and you have a taste combination that is not going to be remembered in a positive way... at least that's what I remember from testing it.

Best to take this particular product in its encapsulated form.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum