Forum

AO Booster? What to take after a hard workout.

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

AO Booster? What to take after a hard workout.

Postby flipper67 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 am

Ok, I take my Daily Essential, and drink my Recoverite after workouts. But some times after a hard master swim at night I really struggle getting up the next morning. Real sluggish after a long hard ride or run.

Usually before my swim, 2 Endurolytes, and a Race cap Supreme. As soon as I hit the car, serving of Recoverite then a meal within the hour.

I am in week 4 of 36 week training for Louisville Ironman (which I had major cramping last year).

I need to be strong for every workout.

Phil (44) at 200 pounds right now.
flipper67

Re: AO Booster? What to take after a hard workout.

Postby steve-born » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Check out my article "Epic Sessions - Supplement suggestions for workouts and races" (http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/epic-sessions-supplement-suggestions-for-workouts-and-races.14741.html) for what I think is the ultimate pre/during/post-workout supplement program available.

If you are using the Daily Essentials already, I'd suggest using the suggested doses upon completion of your workouts. After that I'd give just-about-equal priority to AO Booster and Super Antioxidant... if I had to make a choice between the two I'd opt for AO Booster, even though Super Antioxidant is a phenomenal product.

If you wanted to do the whole program, using all of the supplements I've suggested in the article, I believe that would yield some pretty incredible benefits. If, however, you don't want to do everything, I would suggest the three Daily Essentials, AO Booster, and then Super Antioxidant, in that order (that would be my personal preference).

I hope the info in the article is helpful but if you have additional questions please let me know.

Sincerely-

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby flipper67 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am

Steve, you mention this in your post. If you had a meduium to hard hour workout would this be OK to take instead of the large list?

If, however, you don't want to do everything, I would suggest the three Daily Essentials, AO Booster, and then Super Antioxidant, in that order (that would be my personal preference).

Thanks
Phil
flipper67

Postby steve-born » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Phil -

I personally consider AO Booster to be a "4th Daily Essential" so I take the product every day, as well as the 3 Daily Essentials (PICs, RCS, MC), whether I'm working out or not. I believe that as good as the athletic performance benefits are, the general health benefits from those 4 products are even greater, which is why I take them every single day. So yes, for your medium-to-hard workout lasting an hour, those 4 supplements would be my "go to" product recommendations.

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby wayne » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I certainly do Recoverite and that has always worked very well. I have not taken some of the supplements such as AO Booster. I have tried doing some whey protein right before bed and that really helps my recovery also. I know it is tough at times; but you simply may have to get more rest also.
wayne

Postby flipper67 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Just got my new Hammer Box yesterday. Already try some of the guidelines from the articles this last weekend and really felt better.

I post again after this weekend.

Phil
flipper67

Return to Endurance Forum