Forum

RDB Dose

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

RDB Dose

Postby rodwilsonsr » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Hey Hammer,
Quick question...on the powder RDB...I decided to try weighing out the doseage. The label says 6 grams or 1 teaspoon is half a dose...correct?
So 2 teaspoons or 12 grams per dose 4 times a day.

When using a scale to measure out 12 grams...it seems a heck of a lot more than 2 teaspoons.
Is that right?

I already did day one of loading using the scale to measure out 12 grams each time...hope I am not overdosing.
Thanks
Rod
rodwilsonsr

Re: RDB Dose

Postby steve-born » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Rod -

For some reason the label has been incorrect for awhile. The correct dosing of RDB is 2 teaspoons (not 1 teaspoon) 4 times per day for 4 days. That will accurately supply the amount of sodium phosphate that we advertise that it will (1 gram/serving, 4 grams/day).

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby rodwilsonsr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks for getting back on that Steve. Actually my question was more of weighing out the dosage.
I know this sounds pretty type A...but...I thought I would try it.

The label says 1 teaspoon equals 6 grams in weight. When I put 6 grams of RDB on a digital scale I would expect it to be a teaspoon...it seems to be way more than a teaspoon.

Again, I know this is probably silly...but sometimes when measuring out Hammer products, I actually use the weight instead. For instance, making up a multiuse bottle of gel, I actually use the scale.

Let me know
Thanks
Rod
rodwilsonsr

Postby rodwilsonsr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Forget it...I think I got it sorted out.

I had an older container of RDB that listed:
1 teaspoon (6grams) Take 1 teaspoon 4xday

I just got a new container today of powder that lists:
2 teaspoons (6grams) Take 2 teaspoons 4xday

So 6 grams should equal 2 teaspoons...that physically looks correct.

When I weighed my old container dosage, I was doing 12 grams thinking it was 2 teaspoons according to the old wrong labeling.

Thanks
Rod
rodwilsonsr

Return to Endurance Forum