Forum

perpetuem expiration

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

perpetuem expiration

Postby caltex0821 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:50 pm

This is probably a dumb question but I have a jug of perpetuem that says to have expired 05/2011. It looks fine, smells fine, tastes fine. I've used it on a few training runs with no problems. I have an event this weekend, and am still a little nervous about using it. It should be ok, right? I'm sure the first response will be, just go buy another one. Well, truth is money is tight and I'm trying to squeeze what I can out of this old bottle before buying new. Thanks for your help!
caltex0821

Re: perpetuem expiration

Postby steve-born » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello caltex0821 -

Unless the container has been opened for long periods of time, thus exposing it to air, or if it's been sitting in the trunk of your car cooking in the heat for a few weeks, or unless it's been exposed to moisture, the product should be absolutely fine. There may be a slight loss of potency in some of the nutrients (key word "may") but there should be no issues with the quality/efficacy of the product. You've pretty much already confirmed this via your positive use of the product during your training runs, so it should be just fine for your event this weekend.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: perpetuem expiration

Postby caltex0821 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks Steve. I agree, was looking for confirmation. I went ahead and picked up a new bottle of the strawberry vanilla, with plans to alternate flavors for my run. The old bottle is plain. I'm attempting my first 100 mile ultramarathon this weekend, Cactus Rose, and plan to use pertetuem exclusively. Thanks again for the info, I love the products.
B
caltex0821

Return to Endurance Forum