Forum

anti-fatigue caps mixed in drink?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

anti-fatigue caps mixed in drink?

Postby chitt » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I am trying to simplify how many things to consume and handle during long races and training.

I am considering mixing Anti-Fatigue caps into Perpetuem for a 3 hour bottle. Is there anything about either product that would make this a bad idea?

Thanks in advance. Charles
chitt

Re: anti-fatigue caps mixed in drink?

Postby steve-born » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

Hello Charles -

It's totally acceptable to empty the contents of Anti-Fatigue Caps (AF Caps) into your fuel bottle(s). You do have to keep in mind a couple of things:

1) Some of the nutrients in AF Caps may not dissolve completely in solution so you're going to have to give the bottle a good shake prior to drinking from it.

2) When you mix "X" amount of any encapsulated product into a multi-hour bottle of fuel, you never really know just how much of the product you'll be consuming each hour. That's not really a problem, though for me, I like to know precisely how much I'm getting nutrient-wise every hour from AF Caps (or any other encapsulated product). Simply consuming the capsules vs emptying the contents into your fuel/water bottle allows you to know exactly how much of the product you're getting on an hourly basis.

3) Having been involved in the formulation of the product, I can tell you from first-hand experience that some of the nutrients taste terrible. The potassium/magnesium asparate compound isn't pleasant tasting at all, and even worse is the OKG component (it's extremely bitter). As a result, emptying the contents into your fuel bottle may negatively alter the flavor.

So again, it's totally fine to empty the capsule contents of Anti-Fatigue Caps into your fuel bottle; just take into account the three above-mentioned things.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: anti-fatigue caps mixed in drink?

Postby chitt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you, Steve.

Just the feedback I was looking for.