Forum

Revoverite and HEED

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Revoverite and HEED

Postby Ron » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Have the formulas recently changed on these two products. I noticed when I received my latest order and I tried the chocolate Recoverite it tasted sweeter. I checked the ingredients and compared it to my old supply and noticed the newer one has Stevia in addition to the Xylitol on the ingredients. In my opinion it is too sweet. I also noticed a higher percentage of calcium.

The lemon lime HEED I noticed that it also has a higher percentage of calcium then the old HEED. I made up a two hour bottle and when I got down tot he last 3 or 4 ounces I was tasting undisolved heed which I never had happen before.

Ron
Ron

Re: Revoverite and HEED

Postby steve-born » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Hello Ron -

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. We had the Highline Hammer event going on from the 20th until the 24th and I'm just now catching up on emails, forum posts, etc.

Anyway, to my knowledge - and I checked with everyone who would know - we've always had both stevia and xylitol in Recoverite, and in the same amounts. Additionally, I looked at a Certificate of Analysis from 2008 and stevia is listed as being in the product.

The only labels that don't have stevia on them (and obviously don't have stevia in the product) are from around 2009, and are ones that we had made up for the Australian version of Recoverite... stevia is not allowed in that country, believe it or not.

As far as the calcium is concerned, I looked through all of my emails regarding our formulations and I can't find one that shows that we intentionally increased the calcium (or any other mineral) content. All I can think of is that the most recent assay that was done on the product showed a higher level of calcium.

Now, as far as HEED is concerned, I do remember having the mineral content intentionally changed. Originally, each scoop contained approximately the equivalent of about 2/3 or an Endurolytes capsule. That was kind of confusing; we felt that it would be much simpler for everyone to have the equivalent of 1 Endurolytes in each scoop so that was something that was done... if I remember correctly it was just about a year ago that we did this.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Stevia?

Postby zagbag » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,
Has there been any consideration to eliminating the Stevia and/or Xylitol in HEED? Or perhaps just reducing the amounts significantly? I would love to have HEED taste more tart than sweet. I appreciate the mellow flavors of Hammer products but don't need any extra 'sweet' taste in my electrolyte drink. Thx, Steven in Austin TX
zagbag

Re: Revoverite and HEED

Postby cmc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 pm

I second the request to remove xylitol from HEED. Because xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs I stopped using HEED several years ago because I don't want to take a chance on contamination due to a spill in the house or car.
cmc

Return to Endurance Forum