Forum

Scoop Amount??

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Scoop Amount??

Postby jmartinez14 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, cycling and Hammer Products. I've tried the hammer gels and really like the taste and texture plus they really work great on my rides.

I recently tried the Perpetuem and the instructions refer to scoops per bottle. Well I bought the single serving packet and there is no scoop..so my questions is how much is a scoop?? 1 tablespoon ??

I'm 5'5" and 195 lbs so if its easier to point me in the right direction as to how much I should start with I'm good with that as well.

Thanks for your help.

Joe.
jmartinez14

Re: Scoop Amount??

Postby steve-born » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 am

Hello Joe -

Welcome to the forum; we're glad you're here!

In regards to Perpetuem, we designate a "serving" as being two scoops, even though for many people that's too much. I'm a bit heavier than you and I tend to use two scoops an hour, though I have oftentimes found that 1.5 scoops/hour works quite well. At any rate, refer to the dosage suggestions in the article "The Hammer Nutrition Fuels - What They Are and How to Use Them" at http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledg ... .1252.html for more info, and test a couple different dosage amounts... I'd suggest anywhere from 1.5 - 2 scoops/hour for you at 195 lbs.

A single serving packet of Perpetuem contains two scoops of the product, with each scoop being equal to 3.5 tablespoons. On the Hammer Nutrition website, if you go to the NUTRITION link for each of the fuels it will give you the equivalent measurement (usually in tablespoons) for each serving of the product. Perpetuem, for example, is at http://www.hammernutrition.com/products ... em.pp.html and if you click on the NUTRITION link it shows that a serving is two level scoops, which = 106.0 cc = 7.2 Tbsp = 21.5 tsp. So for each scoop you are looking at just a hair over 3.5 tablespoons.

I hope this information helps but if you need more clarification please let me know.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: Scoop Amount??

Postby jmartinez14 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:19 am

great thanks for the info and the link... So much good info on the hammer site :)

thanks again.
jmartinez14

Return to Endurance Forum