Forum

Treatment for meniscus tear pre IM

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Treatment for meniscus tear pre IM

Postby triguy50 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

All -
I have been diagnosed with a torn meniscus which has certainly left me heading into IronMan Switzerland in July with a more somber attitude towards the race. Aside from Orthoscopy as the main treatment, I have been taking Tissue Rejuvinator during this recouperation phase.
What else I can do to minimize this discomfort and reduce any further damage in preparation for the race?
Are there any other Hammer products that I can take in the mean time? Or is there a knee brace of some sort (DonJoy) that would assist in making it thru the run?

Thanks for any input on this.

Cheers,

Bill - Palo Alto, CA
triguy50

Re: Treatment for meniscus tear pre IM

Postby steve-born » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:57 am

Hello Bill -

Tissue Rejuvenator is the best product for dealing with the meniscus tear and I would suggest taking 4 capsules twice daily.

A non-Hammer Nutrition product that I think will help is made by Jarrow Formulas and it's called JarroSil, Activated Silicon. You can find out more information about this product and how it helps strengthen bones, joints, and collagen at http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Ja ... 14682?at=0 (this is also a good place to purchase this particular product).

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: Treatment for meniscus tear pre IM

Postby triguy50 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Steve - thanks for the quick reply. I'll up my volume on TR and look into the Jarrosil. Hopefull that plus a running brace of some sort will get me thru.
triguy50

Return to Endurance Forum