Forum

Tissue Rejuvenator?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Tissue Rejuvenator?

Postby lextek » Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

I'm 49 year old age-grouper triathlete. I'm dealing with some arthritis in my knee from knee surgery a few decades ago and some Achilles tendonitis. Currently I take Alleve and Glucosamine. I was curious if Tissue Rejuvenator would be an alternative?
lextek

Re: Tissue Rejuvenator?

Postby samuelnaney » Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Not an answer, but another question about T.R.: is there a benefit to taking it during high volume/strength training periods for muscle recovery and inflammation reduction?
samuelnaney

Postby SherpaHerb » Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 pm

I highly recommend tissue rejuvenator. It has helped be recover from tendinitis and hamstring problems I've had off and on for 5 years. I only take it during injury recovery and sometimes after a hard event. I have never healed faster or felt better using anything else.
SherpaHerb

Postby steve-born » Thu May 27, 2010 5:24 pm

SherpaHerb's use of Tissue Rejuvenator is absolutely fine, though the product can be taken on a daily basis, if desired, to help maintain the integrity of joint tissue and also to serve as an anti-inflammatory. With all the natural anti-inflammatory nutrients in the product, I believe that there is no need for over-the-counter NSAID-type products which, as you know, can come with some undesirable side effects.

If you click on the "Product Detail" link on the Tissue Rejuvenator page (http://www.hammernutrition.com/products ... or.tr.html) you'll find a list of all of the nutrients in the product and what they do. Even more information can be found in the Athlete Education Series piece on Tissue Rejuvenator at http://www.hammernutrition.com/mailers/TR10E/TR10E/

Other products that have excellent anti-inflammatory properties, in addition to the other benefits they provide are Carlson Norwegian Salmon Oil (http://www.hammernutrition.com/products ... il.so.html) and AO Booster (http://www.hammernutrition.com/products ... r.aob.html).
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby mangumc » Fri May 28, 2010 6:23 pm

I take TR every day (4 caps) as part of my routine list of supplements. I have found that it has a beneficial effect in helping to prevent the onset of soft-tissue and joint inflammation.

During a period of injury, I will increase the amount of TR, up to as many as 12 caps/day without side effect. While it may not act as fast to pain as an Advil, it does help to resolve the inflammation in less time than solely relying on an anti-inflammatory.

I also will take extra TR during a long ride, as I have chronic low-back pain that increases during long rides. I usually take 4 caps about an hour before the ride and 2 caps every hour during the ride. I have found this to help me a lot.

TR is very good stuff.
Chris Mangum
Raleigh, NC
mangumc

Postby RamonScott » Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 am

Hi,
I'm a 44-year-old age grouper and had some issues in the past couple of years with knees (patellar tendinitis) and hamstrings. For awhile I was taking 2-4 Ibuprofen per day to kind of dull the pain. This year, I started a daily regimen of TR and for the most part have eliminated the use of Ibuprofen. It's been wonderfully effective for me - despite ramping up training significantly in preparation for first Ironman later in the year (Louisville) - no problems with recurring pain.
RamonScott

Return to Endurance Forum