Forum

TR timing

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

TR timing

Postby pnk » Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 am

Was wondering if there are any timing issues for optimizing the effectiveness of Tissue Rejuvenator, such as before vs after exercising, with or between meals, evenings to increase overnight healing?? Thanks for any thoughts.

pnk
pnk

Re: TR timing

Postby steve-born » Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 am

Hello pnk -

Thanks for your question... a really excellent one! To be honest, I don't think there's an exact way to determine which timing dose will optimize the effectiveness of Tissue Rejuvenator. That said, so many athletes take a "pre-emptive strike" dose of ibuprofen or other NSAIDS before their workouts or races, so taking Tissue Rejuvenator (TR) prior to an event would not only be acceptable, in my opinion, I feel it would be a much healthier option.

When I crewed for a rider in the Race Across America (which took her a little over 10 days to complete), we used TR during the race, both as a pain reliever (again, we felt this was a better alternative than an over-the-counter NSAID), and also to help maintain the optimal functioning of the joints and connective tissue. It worked like a charm, and many ultra distance athletes do use TR during their prolonged workouts and races.

Having worked with hundreds and hundreds of athletes, it's been my experience that even thought TR can be taken prior to and during workouts, most athletes are already taking a number of supplements at those times, so they use TR after their workout.

Bottom line is that, for the most part, when you decide to use TR is kind of up to you.

I do believe that the product may (key word "may") work better and minimize the potential for stomach irritation when taken with some food. A couple of the nutrients in the product may cause a little irritation of the stomach lining, which food will help to minimize-to-eliminate. The only "downside" is that the bromelain component, when taken with food, loses a bit of its anti-inflammatory properties (instead, it helps with the digestion of the food you're eating).

My suggestion is that you try a variety of dosing protocols to see which one works best for you, knowing that there really isn't a wrong way to take the product.

I hope that this helps!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: TR timing

Postby pnk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks, Steve. Your comments are much appreciated.

pnk
pnk

Return to Endurance Forum