Forum

Energy Surge

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Energy Surge

Postby BrianBier » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello!

I am trying the Energy Surge product for the first time and was wondering how long it should take to dissolve?

Thanks!
Brian Bier
BrianBier

Re: Energy Surge

Postby steve-born » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Brian -

Trust me, over the years we've tried to get the product to dissolve much faster than it does. Unfortunately, it still takes a bit of time - a couple of minutes perhaps? - kind of like a lozenge. As a result, what a lot of athletes do is chew up the tablet into smaller bits - even getting it to a paste-like consistency - then allow it to dissolve under the tongue sublingually. This definitely helps to accelerate the dissolving process and gets the product into the system quicker.

If you have one of our Product Usage Manuals (aka "The Little Red Book"), more information about the product can be found on page 44. If you don't have a hard copy of the booklet you can download it at http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/PUM.pdf

I hope this helps!

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby mck414 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Pardon my resurrection of an old thread, but I'm curious about the effects of Energy Surge. Specifically how long they last?

I've read up on this product in the litte red book but it doesn't say how long the effects may last.

I assume the answer varies by indidivual and amount of effort.

Thanks
Casey
mck414

Postby steve-born » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Casey -

The actual energy that you get from the 100 mg of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in Energy Surge will probably last anywhere from a few seconds to perhaps a minute, at the most... that's just an educated guess on my part and, as you mentioned in your post, it will vary.

I think that while that short energy "burst" is nice, the primary benefit of taking Energy Surge is even better. I've taken the liberty of cutting and pasting some information I have on file, which I think will help explain it...

Each tablet of Energy Surge contains 100 mg of the patented PEAK ATP™ form of adenosine triphosphate, ATP being the chemical compound (the "energy currency" of the cell) that provides the overwhelming majority of the energy needed by your body. ATP is formed from a long chain of metabolic events in which a variety of substrates are transferred from the foods you eat, especially carbohydrates. Under normal conditions (such as at rest) the body can produce all the ATP it needs for a healthy existence. However, during stressful conditions, such as high-intensity exercise, the body's ATP stores are rapidly depleted and cannot be replenished quickly enough by normal means, which creates a shortage or gaps.

That’s where Energy Surge comes in. Quoting Dr. Bill Misner, Energy Surge “aids in filling the energy deficit gaps that can occur when the body is stressing to produce energy upon extreme demand. Taking ATP in a sublingual dose when fatigue is sensed may act as a preventative primer for the ATP-endogenous pump.” Put another way, taking Energy Surge raises ATP enough in the blood stream to supply a “priming dose” when existing mitochondria cellular ATP stores are becoming depleted and when the body cannot keep up with ATP production demands. Sublingual (dissolved under the tongue) ATP acts as a boost substrate to cover gaps when intensity efforts cannot keep up with the high pace efforts generated.

--- END ---

I hope that helps!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby mck414 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks Steve. The information helped.