Forum

Protein Sources

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Protein Sources

Postby cleuder » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

I started using Hammer Gel several months back and love them! I am gluten intolerant and have always had stomach issues when the rides/runs got longer. Finding Hammer Gel was a real stroke of luck.

I also have problems with corn, milk products and soy. All your recovery products I find use these ingredients. I currently mix rice protein with some fruits and veggies, but that doesn't have all of the benefits of other recovery drinks. Do you have any products that would work for me?

Thanks!
Connie
cleuder

Re: Protein Sources

Postby steve-born » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Connie -

The maltodextrin we use in all of our products, including Hammer Gel, are corn-derived. So if you've been able to use Hammer Gel with no issues, you shouldn't have any issues with the corn-derived maltodextrin in any of our other fuels, including Recoverite.

There is no soy protein in Recoverite but there is whey protein. We use whey protein isolate, which is approximately 98% pure protein, which means it's almost completely devoid of lactose and fat. Whey protein concentrate, which is what some companies use in their recovery drinks, is typically 70% - 80% protein, meaning that a good percentage of the product contains lactose and fat.

Therefore, if you're not allergic to dairy-derived products, you may be able to use Recoverite without any issues, which again is due to it being a much purer whey protein as compared to whey protein concentrate. A lot of our clients who are lactose intolerant have told us they are able to use Recoverite with no problems at all.

I hope this helps, Connie, but if you need more information please let me know.

Sincerely-

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum