Forum

Clarification on Supplements

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Clarification on Supplements

Postby wayne » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:01 pm

In the morning I am taking about ten tablets. I am doing the daily essentials and the tissue rejuvenator. I like the convenience of doing it at one time and I do not forget by doing it this way. The problem is it is a little uncomfortable in taking this many tablets. Do other people find this to be the case or is it just something you get use to? Thanks
wayne

Re: Clarification on Supplements

Postby steve-born » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 am

Hello Wayne - After doing it for 20+ years, I can honestly say that taking several pills at one time is a learned skill... it can definitely take awhile for the body to get used to that. I'm taking at least 10 encapsulated products in the morning, oftentimes even more, and I can tell you from experience that it didn't always go smoothly the first few times I started taking several capsules at once.

With that said, I would like to suggest that if you're taking several capsules of each product, you split the dose up into at least two separate doses. For example, if you are taking 7 capsules of Premium Insurance Caps, don't take them all in one dose... take part of them at one time of the day and the other part during a different part of the day. That way you get more complete "nutrient coverage" throughout the day.

The Product Usage Manual (aka "The Little Red Book" - http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/PUM.pdf) provides some good dosage/usage suggestions, which I think will work well for you.

Sincerely-

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum