Forum

Ironman 140.6 fueling plan

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Ironman 140.6 fueling plan

Postby Jeffrey Shane » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 am

I have been attempting to work out a fueling plan for the Florida Ironman this coming Nov. I am experimenting with various combinations of gels, enduralytes, heed, perpetium etc. (all hammer products).

I was hoping people could share the various fueling plans that they have used for the full ironman. I have done two half IM's but this will be my first full IM. I'd appreciate if people could post what their fueling plans were to include how they took onboard additional fueling at the mid point of the cycling portion and how they handled their fueling needs during the marathon.

I like the protein contained in perpetuim, the energy the gels provide, and of course the electrolytes in heed. I'm just not sure how to put all the fueling options together.

Thanks.
Jeffrey Shane

Re: Ironman 140.6 fueling plan

Postby steve-born » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am

Hello Jeffrey -

I've put together an article entitled "Tips for a Successful Half or Full Iron Distance Triathlon." Unfortunately, this article is not yet on our website, but I can forward you a copy of it. Simply email me directly (sborn@hammernutrition.com) and I'll send it to you.

I refer to this as the "Reader's Digest" or "Cliff Notes" version of how to fuel during a half or full iron distance triathlon. Put another way, this article outlines a basic game plan, one that I would follow if I were doing a race such as the one you'll be doing.

Again, just email me directly and I'll be glad to forward the article to you.

Sincerely-

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum