Forum

RDB - ammonia

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

RDB - ammonia

Postby jwa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi,
I just opened a new container of RDB (powder) and when I mix it with warm water, it has a VERY pronounced ammonia flavor. I did not have this with the container I just emptied.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with it?

Jerry A
jwa

Re: RDB - ammonia

Postby steve-born » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 am

Hello Jerry -

I apologize for not getting to your question sooner. Yesterday morning I opened up a new container of Race Day Boost, put a couple large spoonfuls in water, stirred it up, and smelled. It had a slight hint of a salty smell, which is to be expected since the majority of the product is comprised of sodium phosphate, but I did not smell anything resembling ammonia.

I do not have an explanation for the pronounced ammonia smell you experienced but I would like to send you a replacement container of Race Day Boost (at no charge, of course) and have you send that one back to me so that our Quality Control department can inspect it.

Please email me directly - sborn@hammernutrition.com - so that I know where to send the replacement container of Race Day Boost. As soon as you are able to, please send the container of Race Day Boost that you have to:

Hammer Nutrition
Attn: Steve Born
4952 Whitefish Stage Road
Whitefish, MT 59937

Thank you, Jerry.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born