Forum

Strength training...

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Strength training...

Postby Tom Marcello » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

I need to improve my strength to wieght ratio and will be doing Push-ups, Pull-ups and squats. Can I do this to often, I am a creature of habit 5 days a week is easier for me to do then 3.
Tom Marcello

Re: Strength training...

Postby levi-hoch » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey Tom,

It is certainly possible to over train, a lot of athletes fall victim to over training. Check out this recent post to the forum that talks about over training
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=352

Training 5 days a week isn't necessarily bad if you're getting sufficient sleep at night so your body has a chance to rebuild your muscles and maintain your immunity to getting sick which is common with over training, and providing that you're altering muscle groups and giving the muscles a break between training days. If you haven't read it yet, I would suggest reading this recovery article that has a lot of suggestions on how to make a full recovery from your workouts and get the most out of your training http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledg ... ge-section Taking Recoverite immediately following your workouts is one of the best ways to improve your fitness and reduce soreness the following day as well as support your immune system with the 3 grams of glutamine per serving. As mentioned in the article, there are a bunch of recovery supplements that will help you make a full recovery as well. I'd also suggest a scoop of Hammer Whey in a small amount of water (4-6oz) apart from any carbohydrates within 30 minutes of going to bed. The glutamine in Hammer Whey will help elevate hGH release during your sleep cycles to expedite the recovery process.

I hope this information is helpful to you, please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Endurance Forum