Forum

2010 Florida State TT Championships

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

2010 Florida State TT Championships

Postby G-Dinero » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:08 pm

2010 FL State TT Championships take place TOMORROW, May 1st near Jacksonville, FL. 40k of pain-n-sufferin'............ Awwwwww yeah!! Bring it!!

Gotta best the "Hammer-Induced" 52:49 from last year that I turned in en route to winning the 35-39 age group for the 3rd year. The competition should be even harder this year, hence having to go even harder.

Plan: 3 Race Caps, 3 Endurolytes & 3 Anti-Fatigue Caps 1 hour prior to my start (~8:45am). A bottle of HEED in the hour leading up to the start. A few sips of HEED in my aero bottle for during the race at the turn-around. A couple of Super AO's and a double-scooper Recoverite drink for after the race. Oh yeah, did I mention the 4 days of 4x/day Race Day Boost leading up to the event?

Game on!! Thanks Hammer for helping make it possible....................

“Athletic aggression placed in the disciplined hands of temperance, mixed with intrinsic motivation, skill and a proper view of the sport propels the common athlete into a truly great athlete.”

G$
G-Dinero

Re: 2010 Florida State TT Championships

Postby G-Dinero » Sat May 01, 2010 12:03 pm

53:55 for 40k on a HOT-n-WINDY course this year. Same course as last year and I was 1:06 slower. All of the top guys' times were slower this year by 1-3'.

It was good enough for 1st place in the 35-39 age group by ~a minute. Fastest time of the day was 51:30 by Yip Tsang in Pro/1/2. I had 5th fastest time on the day......

Hammer's Race Day Boost REALLY made the difference today. By pre-loading for 4 days prior to today's event, I was able to endure the 85-90 degree heat with mega humidity. Sure, I sweated a ton, but that's the point of RDB as I know it - to retain some additional water to help with evaporative cooling and prevent dehydration. It sure does work. Had a Hammer Gel 30' prior to my start and drank a bottle of HEED in the hour leading up to the start. Recovered with Super AO and Recoverite so that I'll be ready to ride again tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have to do another 40k TT for a whole year!!! They hurt too bad.

Thanks again, Hammer Nutrition, for keeping me flying on the TT bike. Nutrition is NEVER a concern of mine during preparation or racing.....I KNOW my plan is solid and I TRUST that Hammer Products will work great and NEVER let me down!!!!
“Athletic aggression placed in the disciplined hands of temperance, mixed with intrinsic motivation, skill and a proper view of the sport propels the common athlete into a truly great athlete.”

G$
G-Dinero

Return to Endurance Forum