Forum

6 Hour Endurance Fueling Plan

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

6 Hour Endurance Fueling Plan

Postby mountainman93 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:26 pm

I am planning on doing The 1st Annual 12 Hours of Millstone as part of a two man team with a friend of mine this year. Each lap is about 8-9 miles and will supposedly take the faster riders under an hour to complete and the intermediate just over an hour so I am probably looking at 1:15-1:30 for a lap pace for the 6hrs and am hoping to stay on the bike as much as possible and not get off if I don’t need to. I am currently just drinking water before during and after I ride (I usually only ride about an hr) with the occasional hammer gel, but I was wondering how to prepare for this and what I should be taking the weeks before the race (premium insurance caps, race caps etc..) and during the race as well (perpetuem, sustaind energy, raceday boost, endurolytes, anti fatigue…etc.) so I am very new to this fueling stuff and I saw how much you helped with this guys “supplement program” viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224 and was wondering if you could help me out the same as far as what to take and when to take it and how much. I just turned 18 and weigh about 115-120lbs.

Thanks A lot!
Patrick Salmon
BTW I will be showing off my new hammer cycling kit during the race and all of my xc races this year!
mountainman93

Return to Endurance Forum