Forum

HEED

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

HEED

Postby Rbox3r » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 am

I am always sipping on either plain water or vitamin water throughout the day. Is it okay to do this with HEED? I love the flavors of HEED and I'm getting tired of plain/vitamin water.
Rbox3r

Re: HEED

Postby steve-born » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello Rbox3r -

I believe that HEED is a significantly better alternative to the product you're currently drinking. The product you're now drinking contains 13g of carbohydrates, all in the form of simple sugar. HEED does not contain any simple sugars. That alone would make it a more attractive choice for me.

That said, while the occasional use of HEED as an alternate to plain water is certainly acceptable, I would limit my consumption of it. The reason for this is because the maltodextrin (complex carbohydrates) we use in the product is high on the Glycemic Index scale. Our position is that for general health purposes, aside from during exercise and immediately after, we should limit our intake of high-Glycemic Index carbohydrate sources.

So yes, I would say it's fine to replace your intake of plain water with HEED on occasion. Just don't go overboard; use plain water to fulfill the majority of your daily fluid requirements.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby Rbox3r » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Steve,

Thank you sir for your response, that's exactly what I needed to know. Also, thanks for all of the great products.

Rob
Rbox3r

Postby steve-born » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:57 pm

You're very welcome, Rob... glad to help!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Postby Rbox3r » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Steve,

Water tends to be a bit boring at times and the other product was used to relieve that. Do you have any suggestions? Or maybe a new product you could consider developing. Also, any thoughts on a fruit punch HEED?

Thanks again,
Rob
Rbox3r

Postby levi-hoch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 am

Dear Rob,

I like your suggestion of a fruit punch flavored HEED. I'll pass along your feedback to the product development team. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you'd like a flavored drink you might try the new Endurolyte Fizz! I've been using the Fizz on occasion to flavor my water and since they don't have the carbs and won't elevate your blood sugar levels. They taste REALLY good, and the effervescent properties are enjoyable to me as well.

Regards,
Levi
levi-hoch

Return to Endurance Forum