Forum

Rocky Mountain High ...

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Rocky Mountain High ...

Postby JimP » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am

I just signed up for the Bicycle Tour of Colorado (http://www.bicycletourcolorado.com/). Most of the rides start at 6,000 feet and go up. I am a sea-level flat-lander. Any recommendations on what supplements I could add to make the altitude adjustment easier (single malt scotch not withstanding ... :D ) ? Thanks.
JimP

Re: Rocky Mountain High ...

Postby levi-hoch » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:03 am

Hey Jim,

Race Caps Supreme, along with the other components of the Daily Essentials Kit (Mito Caps/Premium Insurance Caps) would be my first suggestion. These are considered to be the most important supplements we sell because they offer the widest range of benefits for general health and athletic performance. Race Caps Supreme in particular should be helpful in increasing your aerobic capasity. The blend Oxy-Assist contains ingredients like Trimethylglycine that enhances the transport of oxygen to the muscles and Inosine to help increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood vessels. To learn more about the impressive formula that makes up the Daily Essentials Kit and why we consider them to be so important, check out this article http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledg ... .1253.html

I would also encourage you to take Xobaline after your workouts (I generally take 1 tablet immediately after drinking my Recoverite) to help replenish red blood cell count and aid in muscle recovery. Endurolytes should be taken as well, and in addition to promoting optimal muscle function and helping to prevent cramps, they can help reduce altitude induced headaches.

I hope this was helpful to you, best of luck in your race and happy training!

Regards,
Levi (Hammer Nutrition Customer Service Rep.)
levi-hoch

Return to Endurance Forum