Forum

Endurolytes Fizz Vs. Heed

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Endurolytes Fizz Vs. Heed

Postby fleegels » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Can anyone tell me what advantages/disadvantages there are in using Endurolytes Fizz versus Heed? I've used Heed in the past, and have recently tried the Endurolytes Fizz. Do they both basically serve the same purpose, or would there be different reasons for using one over the other? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
fleegels

Re: Endurolytes Fizz Vs. Heed

Postby steve-born » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:50 am

Hello Joe -

Endurolytes Fizz is more comparable to Endurolytes (in capsules or powder) than it is to HEED. HEED is a calorie source + electrolytes while Endurolytes (in effervescent tablet, capsule, or powder) is simply an electrolyte supplement... no appreciable (if any) amounts of calories in that product.

Every scoop of HEED contains 100 calories AND the equivalent of 1 Endurolytes capsule or 1 scoop of Endurolytes Powder, or roughly 1/2 tablet of Endurolytes Fizz.

My blog entitled Endurolytes Fizz – How it Compares to Endurolytes Capsules at http://www.hammernutrition.com/blog/end ... -capsules/ will tell you more of the differences between Endurolytes Fizz and Endurolytes in the capsule form (which would apply to the powder form as well).

In my article entitled Electrolyte Replenishment - Why It’s So Important and How to Do It Right (http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledg ... .1274.html) there's a section called "What About HEED?" The information reads as follows:

HEED is Hammer Nutrition’s complex carbohydrate powdered sports drink. One of the nice features of HEED is that it contains a complete and easily assimilated electrolyte profile, not just salt and potassium, which is all you get in most other sports drinks. Two scoops of HEED provides the electrolyte equivalent of 2 Endurolytes capsules, or 2 scoops of Endurolytes Powder, or approximately 1 Endurolytes Fizz tablet. Some athletes will find that with a scoop or two of HEED in their water bottle, they’re good for an hour or more. For other athletes, the electrolyte profile in HEED will provide an excellent base from which additional Endurolytes capsules can be consumed (or Endurolytes Powder can be added to the mix) to completely satisfy electrolyte needs."

We're updating this article as we speak so you could also add Endurolytes Fizz tablets to your bottle of HEED (or water) in the event you needed more electrolytic mineral support.

I think I've answered your questions, Joe, but if I'm forgetting something or if you need additional information please let me know.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: Endurolytes Fizz Vs. Heed

Postby fleegels » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for the very helpful information Steve. I forgot about the very important calorie factor that HEED provides. And I like your idea of adding a Fizz tablet to a bottle of HEED for cases where I'll need additional electrolytes, which is quite often for me. That could make for an intersting mix of flavors.

I really appreciate your response - thanks again.

Joe
fleegels

Return to Endurance Forum