Forum

Hammer Success!

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Hammer Success!

Postby andygarner » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 pm

I rode a 200k cycling event today and I followed Hammer's advice explicitly. My event started at 7am. Not eager to awaken at 3:30am in order to finish breakfast 3 hours before the event, I skipped breakfast and began fueling with Perpetuem about 10 minutes into the ride. I took about 4 Endurolytes an hour and sipped one 20 oz. bottle of Perpetuem an hour. Perpetuem and Endurolytes are the ONLY fuel source I used for over 125 miles on my bike today. Then I took in two servings of post-ride Recoverite in the first hour after the event. I feel great! Incredible. Thank you Hammer! You've made fueling easy, efficient, and effective.

Not only that, but every time I order from Hammer, my order is shipped to me the following business day. Sometimes it's even shipped the same day. Before the event, I had a couple of questions that Steve kindly answered via this forum. Hammer products and Hammer customer service are absolutely top-notch. Can't say enough good things.
andygarner

Re: Hammer Success!

Postby wibergda » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

Andy, I am curious. How many calories did you consume per hour and how much do you weight. Also, how long did the 200k take you. Thanks.
wibergda

Re: Hammer Success!

Postby andygarner » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:32 pm

I weigh 158 pounds, and I consumed 1.5 scoops of Perpetuem per hour (plus 4 scoops of Endurolytes powder, mixed in.) During the course of the event, I took in 2 additional Endurolytes capsules. I opted to carry pre-mixed Ziploc bags of Perpetuem/Endurolytes powder with me on the ride and timed my water stops accordingly. I did not use a multi-hour bottle. The temperature ranged from 28F at start to 55F at finish. My ride time was 8 hours 4 minutes.
andygarner

Return to Endurance Forum