Forum

new to this forum - love the hammer

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

new to this forum - love the hammer

Postby matthewWcavanaugh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey everyone-
I'm new to this forum but not too new to the Hammer. I use Hammer stuff for hiking/training and love just about all of what I've tried (many of the gels, recoverites, heeds, and perpetuems, as well as caps like race caps, endurolytes, tissue re, etc.). I typically do a few hikes a month of 15-20 miles plus each and rely largely on HEED. Tomorrow I am going to try my toughest hike yet, which will be about 14 miles roundtrip (not too bad) but well over 7,000 feet in elevation gain, including a final mile long ascent of 2000' to the summit of this mountain. I plan on utilizing the new tropical flavor gel, my usual heed-crystal light-perpetuem mix, some endurolytes, and a big fat bottle of recoverite at the finish line :-) Will definitely post my results!

HAMMER ON!
Matt
matthewWcavanaugh

Re: new to this forum - love the hammer

Postby matthewWcavanaugh » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 am

I did my hike and thanks largely to Hammer Perpetuem, HEED, and Gels, I finished. 14 miles, 7000+ elevation gain (class 3 in many parts), and 15 hours of total hell. However, 3 scoops of Perp, 4 of HEED, and 10 shots made it possible. Go Hammer!
matthewWcavanaugh

Return to Endurance Forum