Forum

Endurolytes

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Endurolytes

Postby torunlong » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:53 am

I am curious if any thought had been given to a version of endurolytes that contains higher contents of Na. Running ultra distances usually requires me to gobble a bunch of endurolytes. Would be great if there was "larger" version that contained 200-400mg of sodium that would require only one capsule to be consumed.

Thanks.
torunlong

Re: Endurolytes

Postby steve-born » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello torunlong -

The key to effective electrolyte replenishment lies not only with the sodium content of a product, but all of the electrolytic minerals. As Dr. Bill Misner says, "Endurolytes is a full-spectrum electrolyte product designed to fulfill the body’s electrolyte requirements, countering the effects of hyperthermia, optimizing specific bodily functions, and enhancing endurance performance, especially beyond the two-hour mark. The electrolyte profile of Endurolytes balances cations (positively charged ions) and anions (negatively charged ions) responsibly without emphasizing one electrolyte over others. This is a key thing to remember: When a balance of electrolytes of cations to anions are managed in the energy producing cell—assuming the cell has adequate fuel and fluid—such a cell will produce energy at a higher rate than one overdosed by a single cation mixed with an irrational list of anions."

See the article "Electrolyte Replenishment - Why It’s So Important and How to Do It Right" at http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledg ... .1274.html for more info.

Now, if you still feel that you need more sodium, the Endurolytes Fizz tablet has more sodium per effervescent tablet than an Endurolytes capsule does. To see the differences between the two products, check out the blog post at http://www.hammernutrition.com/blog/end ... -capsules/

I hope this helps!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum