Forum

Daily Email?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Daily Email?

Postby mikerw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

On the old Yahoo forum I was able to get a daily email listing all the postings for that day. It was a great way to follow things in one convenient email without having to log into the forum.

Does this new forum have the same capability? If so, how do I activate it as I couldn't find anything in the settings.
mikerw

Re: Daily Email?

Postby vince-arnone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi mikerw,

You can subscribe via email to both individual topics or to an entire forum section (ie Endurance List).

On the footer bar of the forum section there is a 'Subscribe Forum' button and on the bottom of threads there is a 'Subscribe Topic' button. By subscribing to a forum or topic you will get corresponding email notifications.
vince-arnone

Postby RalphP » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 am

I subscribed to the Endurance forum yesterday (checked the subscribe forum box - assuming I understand this correctly) and I did not receive an email this morning. I went to User Control Panel, Manage Subscriptions and it says I am not subscribed to any forums.

The previous email format met my needs wonderfully in that it allowed me to quickly skim subjects and quickly jump to specific subjects I thought I might be interested in without the waiting for the back and forth internet response time. For this new forum to really be useful for me, I would like that email ability of one access to the daily info, the ability to quickly skim it and dig into what's relevant to me. Right now, this new format, while providing a comprehensive listing of content, which is good, I find to be much more cumbersome on a daily basis.

Should the check in the subscribe forum box provide this email to me again (it didn't today)? Do I need to do something else? I like the info, I would just like it to be as quick and easy to access as it was before.

Ralph
RalphP

Postby vince-arnone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am

Ralph,

I am looking into a daily digest email function similar to the one previously found on the yahoo groups. I will post when this function is available.

Currently you should receive an email when a new message is posted to the forum/topic that you are subscribed to. I apologize for the current inconvenience and will be working to remedy this ASAP.

Vince
vince-arnone

Return to Endurance Forum