Forum

Energy Surge

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

Energy Surge

Postby knjwes » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 am

Could you please assist in explaining how best to use Energy Surge. It seems to take forever to let it just "dissolve" under the tongue. Should I chew it up first and then move sublingual or is it best to leave as is? Also, is it ok to swallow while allowing it to dissolve?

-Kirk
knjwes

Re: Energy Surge

Postby steve-born » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am

Hello Kirk -

Energy Surge is a "use it when you need it" type of product so you can use it any time during your workout or race. The only issue I've ever heard of is when athletes take too many at one time ("If one is good, then 10 must be better"). The problem is that ATP, to my understanding, is quite acidic so taking too much all at once - not throughout a workout but at one time - can be irritating to the throat and stomach.

The tablet does take quite a long time to dissolve but we don't recommend swallowing it whole. Using the product sublingually, allowing it to be absorbed through the oral mucosa, bypasses the GI system gets and gets the ATP quickly into the bloodstream for delivery. What most athletes usually do (and you mention this in your post) is chew up the tablets into a paste-like consistency, then hold it under the tongue as long as possible for sublingual delivery, before swallowing the remnants. This seems to work the best and that's what I'd suggest you try.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Return to Endurance Forum