Forum

anti-fatigue caps over 40 hours?

The Forum for Endurance Athletes

anti-fatigue caps over 40 hours?

Postby traildawg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Hello.

I've been training successfully with the anti-fatigue caps, and just completed a strong finish at a recent mountainous 50k event (trail running). I'm planning on a 100 mile run, also mountainous, and expect to be "out there" for upwards of 40 hours. Is it unsafe to take the anti-fatigue caps one per hour for that long a period? Some things (supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc) are more easily flushed out when taken in excess of just what the body can absorb; others less so. Just wondering about the anti-fatigue caps. (btw, this is not a multi-day event, but a straight through run, ala Hardrock)

I ask to both the Hammer mods and to those who might have had experience along these lines.

Thanks in advance, Traildawg
traildawg

Re: anti-fatigue caps over 40 hours?

Postby steve-born » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello Traildawg -

Back in October of 2002 I did a bicycling record attempt that ended up taking 80+ hours to complete, 75.5 of which were on the bike. During that time I took a number of supplements, including 2 or more Anti-Fatigue Caps per hour. At the end of the record attempt (which was successful), I figured I had taken somewhere between between 150 - 180 Anti-Fatigue Caps! :o

I had absolutely no problems with the consumption of this and other products during the race; in fact, I have no doubt whatsoever that the use of these products - which again, included Anti-Fatigue Caps - was highly beneficial. I wasn't worried about "nutrient overload" because while I was out there on my bike, burning up energy and producing a lot of fatigue-causing ammonia (the problems associated with excess ammonia is what Anti-Fatigue Caps addresses and helps resolve), my body was using the nutrients in these products. It wasn't storing them up, which it would most likely be doing if I was taking them on an hourly basis while sedentary, it was using them.

Now, if I was grinding my way up a steep, hard climb, or if it was a particular hot part of the day and my body (mainly my stomach) was telling me, "Hey, I need a break from all the capsules for an hour," I definitely listened and ceased taking them. The one encapsulated product I kept taking every hour was Endurolytes, and I did so because that product was a part of my fuel, equally as important as anything I was consuming or drinking. But on occasion yes, I went for an hour or so without consuming the other supplements I was planning on taking each and every hour.

With all this said, I believe that will have absolutely no problems whatsoever in using Anti-Fatigue Caps hourly... you're just going to receive benefits. Just listen to your body and if it tells you it needs a break from taking pills ever hour by all means listen to it.

I hope this is helpful to you, and best wishes for a successful race!

Sincerely -

Steve
Steve Born
Fueling Expert
Event Sponsorship Coordinator
www.hammernutrition.com
steve-born

Re: anti-fatigue caps over 40 hours?

Postby traildawg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks, Steve. Sure appreciate your thorough reply!!!

I intend to report back in a couple of weeks, post race.
traildawg

Return to Endurance Forum